• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

Vega 10 and Ryzen tested Star Wars Battlefront at 4K Ultra showed around 60fps average but Titan X Pascal got around 79fps so Vega 10 Star Wars Battlefront peformance sit in between GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti/Titan X Pascal.

Vega 80 fps.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Vega-Codename-265481/News/Prototyp-Grafikkarte-1221516/
Am gestrigen Dienstag steckte die Karte jedoch in einem PC mit Ryzen R7 1700X, auf dem Star Wars Battlefront mit etwa 80 Bildern pro Sekunde lief.

Caporegime
There was a few big dips there but at least we now see it's using an 8 pin & 6 pin for power or did we already know that? I thought it was covered up last time.

I wouldn't read too much into that as said, as thats the sample card still, and by the looks of it, its only being powered by the 8 pin, as the 6 pin LEDs are not lit up (unless thats its idle state, and they only light up also when underload :p).

Last edited:
Associate
Come on AMD/RTG keep the drip feeding going and oh.....dont screw it up this time. :p

Fingers crossed for a big Ryzen/Vega comeback in the next few months. As I have said a few times.......slowly, slowly catchee monkey.

Oh and can anyone remember what Lisa Su said about Ryzen back a few months ago....."This is just the beginning"......lets hope so :D

Associate
Everyones' hopes on Vega... I think you can look at RyZen to see how it could pan out.

On the other side of the pond, Vega could released and people would be impressed with the pricing. Hype train gains traction and then prices are listed on UK retailers like here. Smiles turn to frowns as we get hit by UK tax and our prices are ****.

Regardless. All I wish for is 4k60 gaming becoming reality.

Permabanned
OP
Running GTX 1080 benchmark on the same recorded via shadow play ,therefore, add 4 to 5 fps more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n04ADwdum4s&feature=youtu.be

It shows that how much AMD has given up in the GPU department. VEGA is begin market towards developers more.

I just hope for the sake that Nvidia do not cut price of GTX 1080 and further down than VEGA and if they do that than VEGA is confirm to be DOA for gamers.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Running GTX 1080 benchmark on the same recorded via shadow play ,therefore, add 4 to 5 fps more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n04ADwdum4s&feature=youtu.be

It shows that how much AMD has given up in the GPU department. VEGA is begin market towards developers more.

I just hope for the sake that Nvidia do not cut price of GTX 1080 and further down than VEGA and if they do that than VEGA is confirm to be DOA for gamers.

???

Do you own shares in Nvidia? Why would you not want Nvidia to drop the price of 1080? The only people who would wish for graphics card prices not to drop are either shareholders or... :p

Caporegime
Everyones' hopes on Vega... I think you can look at RyZen to see how it could pan out.

On the other side of the pond, Vega could released and people would be impressed with the pricing. Hype train gains traction and then prices are listed on UK retailers like here. Smiles turn to frowns as we get hit by UK tax and our prices are ****.

Regardless. All I wish for is 4k60 gaming becoming reality.

Ryzen pricing is $/£ conversion + VAT. We can't complain at AMD at least :)

Expect Vega to be the same.

Permabanned
OP
???

Do you own shares in Nvidia? Why would you not want Nvidia to drop the price of 1080? The only people who would wish for graphics card prices not to drop are either shareholders or... :p
No that is not my point. My point is that AMD management just need to wish for their sake of their existence in high end GPU market that Nvidia do not cut the price of GTX 1080 to price it similar or cheaper and if they do than VEGA is confirmed DOA.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No that is not my point. My point is that AMD management just need to wish for their sake of existence in high end GPU that Nvidia do not cut the price of GTX 1080 to price it silimar to VEGA or cheaper and if they do than VEGA is confirmed DOA.

I see. But I am not sure that make sense considering AMD are charging half the price of what Intel is with their new Ryzen CPU's. If they wished that they would just slightly undercut them, not by such huge amounts. AMD need market share, they won't be getting that by pricing it their stuff high IMO.

Associate
So Vega 10 is supposed to compete with the 1080/1080Ti and Vega 11 to compete with the 1070.

Let's hope that we can get 10%-20% more performance than a 980Ti for around £300.

And if AMD continue their surprises as they did with Ryzen then I have a good feeling about this.

Come on 28th Feb!

Permabanned
OP
I see. But I am not sure that make sense considering AMD are charging half the price of what Intel is with their new Ryzen CPU's. If they wished that they would just slightly undercut them, not by such huge amounts. AMD need market share, they won't be getting that by pricing it their stuff high IMO.
My point is that AMD is not doing anything different. They are hyping a card ,which has not even manage to beat a card ,which people called mid range by some warriors in the internet forums and it was released last year.

it is more brutal situation for AMD than Maxwell launch. I just hope AMD do not make slides to compare VEGA with GTX 1080 or else they will just murder VEGA launch. It will be like AMD next gen marvel tech is competing with nvidia last year mid range device.

Permabanned
OP
So Vega 10 is supposed to compete with the 1080/1080Ti and Vega 11 to compete with the 1070.

Let's hope that we can get 10%-20% more performance than a 980Ti for around £300.

And if AMD continue their surprises as they did with Ryzen then I have a good feeling about this.

Come on 28th Feb!
Leave alone GTX 1080 Ti. It is not even manage to beat GTX 1080 in AMD owns game settings, selected resolution and games.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My point is that AMD is not doing anything different. They are hyping a card ,which has not even manage to beat a card ,which people called mid range by some warriors in the internet forums and it was released last year.

it is more brutal situation for AMD than Maxwell launch. I just hope AMD do not make slides to compare VEGA with GTX 1080 or else they will just murder VEGA launch. It will be like AMD next gen marvel tech is competing with nvidia last year mid range device.

We will see soon. If they do well with Vega and price it right, it will sell, if not it won't simple as that really. You are over thinking it with all the slides and crap. If most people are happy to be shafted by Nvidia with the 970 and give nvidia more money for a 980, I do not see them shying away from a few AMD graphs..

Permabanned
OP
We will see soon. If they do well with Vega and price it right, it will sell, if not it won't simple as that really. You are over thinking it with all the slides and crap. If most people are happy to be shafted by Nvidia with the 970 and give nvidia more money for a 980, I do not see them shying away from a few AMD graphs..
And still GTX 970 sold more than entire RX 480, R9 2xx, R9 3xx and Fiji series combine. AMD is only surviving because of nvidia's stupid pricing policy. If Nvidia starts price war than it is a piece of cake for Nvidia to take over entire GPU market.

Associate
Leave alone GTX 1080 Ti. It is not even manage to beat GTX 1080 in AMD owns game settings, selected resolution and games.

We don't know if the card we saw was full vega or small vega, Or how the drivers where performing. We have no idea what the final product will be and we should probably treat the benchmarks to date as a "sample"

And still GTX 970 sold more than entire RX 480, R9 2xx, R9 3xx and Fiji series combine. AMD is only surviving because of nvidia's stupid pricing policy. If Nvidia starts price war than it is a piece of cake for Nvidia to take over entire GPU market.

Id love to see where you get those numbers, on the same merits the GTX 970 has probably sold more than the 1080, 1070, 1060 combined :/

Soldato

Come on 28th Feb!

Vega 10 is the first small gpu that will come out. H1 2017.
Vega 11 is the bigger gpu that will come later.

don't get confused with Polaris 10/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom