• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
AMD really are shaking things up in the CPU side of things and offering much better price for performance than Intel. Lets hope they do the same with Vega :D

Would be cool to build an all AMD system.

Caporegime
AMD RX 500 series line-up by May or June 2017

There is some new information floating around about AMD's next-gen line-up of graphics cards. A lot is being shuffled to introduce a new line-up before the summer starts. Vega 10 and Vega 11 chips will be prioritized above Polaris in the high-end segment, Polaris remains part of the RX 500 series.

According to the new rumors the new line-up is launched in May for AMD to create a full competitive lineup. So Vega 11 might see an advanced early introduction and would be positioned above Polaris 10. The product likely will get GDDR5X memory and would compete with GP104 aka the GeForce GTX 1070 and 1080. The much discussed flagship Vega 10 GPU based product obviously would be the leading the pack with its 12 TFLOPS (FP32) raw performance, and this will compete with Nvidia's Titan X Pascal and the likely to be released 1080 Ti.

Polaris 11 (RX 460) and Polaris 10 (RX 470 and 480) will remain to be a focus in the mainstream segment, the two really succesful GPUs will fit nicely there.

Tuesday, February 28th at 19:30 CEST AMD should disclose more details about Vegaon their second Capsaicin event, a live stream will be available. The Complete RX 500 series likely will become available in the May time-frame.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-rx-500-series-line-up-by-may-or-june-2017.html

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The much discussed flagship Vega 10 GPU based product obviously would be the leading the pack with its 12 TFLOPS (FP32) raw performance, and this will compete with Nvidia's Titan X Pascal and the likely to be released 1080 Ti

Ahem... What have I been saying for nearly a year now? :p

Don't want to get to happy yet, need to see the real deal and cost. But still, looking good ;)

Soldato

Vega 10 and Ryzen tested Star Wars Battlefront at 4K Ultra showed around 60fps average but Titan X Pascal got around 79fps so Vega 10 Star Wars Battlefront peformance sit in between GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti/Titan X Pascal.

Soldato
We known it is 12 TFLOPS (FP32) but have they learnt to get all the performance per flop from the start so at launch it performs like a 12 TFLOPS (FP32) card and not like a 10 TFLOPS (FP32) and then we have to wait until they get more performance out of it.

Caporegime
Ahem... What have I been saying for nearly a year now? :p

Don't want to get to happy yet, need to see the real deal and cost. But still, looking good ;)

Competing is fine but ita all about the price. The exchange rate hasnt helped. Look at Samsung. All Samsung lenses and cameras are increasing by up to 22% come 1st March. Lots of other computer manufacturers are doing the same.

Gibbo has EVGA 1080/1070 cards on special offer and they are still £80 more than you could pre-order them when the 1080 came out and everybody was complaining. I can see a 1080ti being £800 and a Vega 10 if it matches a 1080ti being a similar price.

Permabanned

Vega 10 and Ryzen tested Star Wars Battlefront at 4K Ultra showed around 60fps average but Titan X Pascal got around 79fps so Vega 10 Star Wars Battlefront peformance sit in between GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti/Titan X Pascal.

There was a few big dips there but at least we now see it's using an 8 pin & 6 pin for power or did we already know that? I thought it was covered up last time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Competing is fine but ita all about the price. The exchange rate hasnt helped. Look at Samsung. All Samsung lenses and cameras are increasing by up to 22% come 1st March. Lots of other computer manufacturers are doing the same.

Gibbo has EVGA 1080/1070 cards on special offer and they are still £80 more than you could pre-order them when the 1080 came out and everybody was complaining. I can see a 1080ti being £800 and a Vega 10 if it matches a 1080ti being a similar price.

It definitely is all about price for performance, for me anyway. Hopefully Vega will provide this.

Man of Honour
I hope so this isn't looking that impressive so far :(

Too much hype at the moment.

The card in the pic is an old engineering sample complete with monitoring board at the end.

Problem at the moment is people are adding 2 + 2 and getting 10

I think Vega will be impressive when reviewers match the actual performance to the right card.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom