• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD VEGA confirmed for 2017 H1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
With the gpu wars heating up in anticipation for when Vega comes to the table I'm glad this is an online forum and not a cafe we all frequent.

http://fraghero.com/russian-guy-mur...-which-graphics-card-is-better-nvidia-or-amd/

Google translating the linked Russian article paints what is a sad story where an old couple lose there only child so I'm not gonna make jokes about it, I'll simply say that the emotional attachment people have with their gpu brand is crazy.

Last edited:
Caporegime
With the gpu wars heating up in anticipation for when Vega comes to the table I'm glad this is an online forum and not a cafe we all frequent.

http://fraghero.com/russian-guy-mur...-which-graphics-card-is-better-nvidia-or-amd/

Google translating the linked Russian article paints what is a sad story where an old couple lose there only child so I'm not gonna make jokes about it, I'll simply say that the emotional attachment people have with their gpu brand is crazy.
The guy clearly had mental issues and like those who murder others based on games etc need professional help.

Soldato

So Vega 10 will use Fury brand while Vega 11 will use RX 500 series brand more likely to be called 590.

But it said RX 500 series will launch in May, that mean it will be Vega 11 first then Vega 10 will launch months later due to HBM2 far more complex and very difficult to make.

RX 590 would cost around 1070 £400 price and Fury Vega 10 will cost around £599 to £699.

I wonder what on earth happened to RX 490? :confused:

Associate
So Vega 10 will use Fury brand while Vega 11 will use RX 500 series brand more likely to be called 590.

But it said RX 500 series will launch in May, that mean it will be Vega 11 first then Vega 10 will launch months later due to HBM2 far more complex and very difficult to make.
Something doesn't seem right about that. I thought that one of the few solid facts we had was that the numbers corresponded to the order of release, not performance.

Associate
Something doesn't seem right about that. I thought that one of the few solid facts we had was that the numbers corresponded to the order of release, not performance.
I think it was actually order of development, so when development began. Work on Polaris 10 began before Polaris 11. A while back I'm sure I read that Vega 11 would be big Vega (opposite of Polaris) and 10 would be small, but it's been up in the air and most people seem to think it's the same as Polaris now 11= small / 10 = big. I think Raja commented on it, but can't remember if he was vague or not.

Associate
Looks like there is a possibility of new skus quite soon after all? Either they are very far on with development and have managed to keep them quite or they are going to be very capable.

Looks like 580 / 480 successor competes with GTX 1070 (in DX 12) which means 590 probably with GTX 1080. IF the new magic sauce has solved the dx11 problems, could be a very good run.
Could Nvidia also be about to launch their refresh? or just a 1080 ti and see where things lie? I remember a little while back there was talk / rumour about their subscription service and priority on GTX 1080 ti (for 980 ti owners) if true, wouldn't this have to be anounced prior to launch and what better time than 28th? maybe it was just something they were thinking about, I think the rumour began from a job advert or something.

Associate
Looks like there is a possibility of new skus quite soon after all? Either they are very far on with development and have managed to keep them quite or they are going to be very capable.

Looks like 580 / 480 successor competes with GTX 1070 (in DX 12) which means 590 probably with GTX 1080. IF the new magic sauce has solved the dx11 problems, could be a very good run.
Could Nvidia also be about to launch their refresh? or just a 1080 ti and see where things lie? I remember a little while back there was talk / rumour about their subscription service and priority on GTX 1080 ti (for 980 ti owners) if true, wouldn't this have to be anounced prior to launch and what better time than 28th? maybe it was just something they were thinking about, I think the rumour began from a job advert or something.

Yep, was a job advert on linked in.

Caporegime
Soldato
Not sure on the authenticity of that, as it seems a little low to me. This is my run and as tired as I am from being at work at 3:30am this week, I think I have the same settings? No overclock on CPU or GPU and everything defaulted (including fan speed)) on my G1 1080.

It does say 580 and Videocardz reckon there is a 590 as well. If this is true the 80 card could be very good. Any how i doubt it's true as at this point i don't think it would be reading the card with a proper name. Polaris up until launch always came through as a codename.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom