*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Caporegime
Embarrassing performance from Bellew tbh, to take what, 5 rounds to beat someone literally on one leg? No doubt in my mind Haye wins comfortably without the injury.

I'm just ****** Haye didn't survive as after the first round I slapped some money on Bellew to win on points :(

Also, proves what a complete **** Hearn is, celebrating that win, what a scumbag.

Don
Brilliant wasn't it! AJ would have him out in a couple of rounds. Haye would have clearly won too if he hadn't been injured. A bit annoying he wouldn't take about what happened to his ankle though.
You'd see a different Haye if he went in vs AJ. Whether Haye knew his achilles was going to go and that's why he went for broke from the first bell or whether he took Bellew for granted, I'm not sure but as soon as the first 2 rounds passed he seemed to settle down and looked like he was in control of the fight up until his injury.

I haz 4090!
Don
I was thinking more about the little toe business with Klitschko

Yeah true! It's a shame he's done that in the past because before you couldn't see he was injured, but in this fight it was clear he could barely stand up or throw a punch, he's just made so many daft excuses in the past that the one time he's legitimately injured, his pride wouldn't let him say anything about it.

Caporegime
Hardly an embarrassing performance, he had no business being in the ring with a heavy weight and should have been blasted out before round six, who can blame him for not taking any risks when the fight was his.

Soldato
Hardly an embarrassing performance, he had no business being in the ring with a heavy weight and should have been blasted out before round six, who can blame him for not taking any risks when the fight was his.
So much this. Haye should have broke him down over the first 4 that was the mistake he made.

Caporegime
I think there was a slight slip at some point which might well have been the thing that took out his achilles. Could have been a different injury, it looks very knee like to me. I mean he was somewhat slapping his leg down but it looked like he couldn't lock out his knee. Meh, maybe they look the same, when my knee goes out on me I can barely balance because I just can't lock my knee out, they just bend when you'd think they will stay up.

Also for me when my knee goes it will be because of one slightly abnormal move, a slip is just something you don't react to in a trained/normal way and that is often how a tendon/ligament will go, something against normal movement that your muscle's normal behaviour isn't ready to prevent happening.

Replay just now really makes it look like his knee went.

Back
Top Bottom