Shots fired outside parliament - Please refrain from speculative and antagonistic posts

Caporegime
3 successful attacks. A large number have been thwarted. Also you think they need training from the IRA? You want more successful attacks? WTF?

Your sarcasm detector turned off? :p

A large number of IRA attacks were thwarted as well, hence the glib comment about needing some better training.

The reality is the number of successful attacks on the UK since the Good Friday agreement has gone down dramatically. Whether that be because of the work of the security services, less organised terrorism, or a lesser actual threat we are unlikely to ever really know.

Suspended
Kinda makes me laugh how people are more upset at what they deem "right wing nationalists" than the person and people who are actually committing murders. Quick, tell Facebook how progressive you are by posting a pro-Islam status!!

Soldato
And do you understand what a "delusion" is???

This is a delusion:

My opinions are worth a lot to DOCTORS of this field and here we have Dis86 from the internet telling me something about my opinion. Absolutely laughable from my perspective/high horse. :D

Just give up, no one takes you seriously. You are not as clever as you think or make out and it is obvious to everyone who reads your nonsense. There is little room for it in threads like this.

Soldato
Funny that how back in 1993 when the IRA detonated a truck bomb in London. We didn't ban Irish or Catholics, we just thought what a bunch of idiots.

Such massive hypocrisy again from the usual right wing suspects in here ;)

And don't give me the BS that their aims weren't religious, they were to an extent but the same with these Islamic terrorists as well...it's both religious and political.

actually they did start putting any irish folk in a portacabin at the airport well away from anything important, lest one turned out to be a terrorist and try to blow the place up.

and thats before we got to the horrific time irish folk in the british army would get, folk getting a solid kicking every time the 'ra did something just because "your irish so your a terrorist 'innit"

Soldato
To be fair any heinous crime or attack that is done by someone or a group of individuals, whether it be religiously motivated or political is pretty insane/ill in the head.

No normal sane person would even think to commit such acts. I suppose their upbringing could have something to do with it.

But they are mentally insane/ill. That much is pretty certain.

I'm of the mindset that anyone is capable of hideous crimes given the right circumstances. Just look at all the normal everyday German civilians during Hitlers time that helped with the final solution. I certainly don't think they were all evil just that they were following orders and they probably didn't think too much about the human cost of their actions. Also don't forget crimes of passion where people kill because they are presented with a certain set of conditions that makes them do terrible things.

Also calling someone insane doesn't really mean that much these days. What specific mental illness do you think they suffered from? I've been in situations in the past that have nearly pushed me to do some terrible things and it took all of my self control not to do them. Stress and hatred are a killer combination and can lead to some awful acts.

Caporegime
Kinda makes me laugh how people are more upset at what they deem "right wing nationalists" than the person and people who are actually committing murders. Quick, tell Facebook how progressive you are by posting a pro-Islam status!!

Get real. Its a valid point. You cant just be selective of your terrorists and say I want all the potential Islamic ones locked up, deported, shot, waterboarded but Im fine with all the other terrorists.

Soldato
The far-right hasn't been a force in the west for decades. It's just a destraction technique to shout 'look over there, far-right!' every time there's an Islamic attack.

Caporegime
The far-right hasn't been a force in the west for decades. It's just a destraction technique to shout 'look over there, far-right!' every time there's an Islamic attack.
Maybe because they are the ones who shout the loudest before getting any proper/real facts.

With Trump now in charge, right wing extremists now have more of a platform to speak up. Partly due to Trump and his stupidity/ignorance when bashing out tweets etc.

Soldato

Or maybe we think stereotyping millions of decent peaceful Muslims is wrong and does nothing to solve the issue, as a matter of fact many of us believe it's counter-productive and makes the situation much worse!!

You can't fight hatred, violence and bigotry with more violence, hatred and bigotry and even if you could why would you! You have already admitted defeat by allowing the murderous thugs to dictate your morality to you, you too have then become a monster.

Caporegime
Your sarcasm detector turned off? :p

A large number of IRA attacks were thwarted as well, hence the glib comment about needing some better training.

The reality is the number of successful attacks on the UK since the Good Friday agreement has gone down dramatically. Whether that be because of the work of the security services, less organised terrorism, or a lesser actual threat we are unlikely to ever really know.
I think we can logically assume it's probably a combo. Also yeah - totally didn't get your sarcasm (Fwoosh!). However let's face it, Ireland was a very different situation. There was actually an understandable political motive. Not necessarily just or correct but understandable. These actions however generally defy logic and seem to be killing for killings sake.

Caporegime
Umm yes, darg is absolutely right. I have psychoanalysed MANY religious people.

To believe in religion itself is evidence of some form of mental incapacity. Whether it's indoctrinated during childhood, or whether it entices people in adulthood, there is no rational excuse for religion.

That's just non-violent people though, when you believe you're going to end up in heaven with 70 or whatever virgins on your **** by murdering an innocent police officer, there is something FAR worse wrong with their mind.

Youve brought up this "psychoanalysed" before and didnt it actually turn out to be "spoke with people i know"?

And your referneces to your work and acces to medical records and doctors etc turn out to just be your work in low level IT with Zero training in any medical or psychological feild?

Caporegime

I think you'll find people in this thread appear to be arguing the other way round. ;)

Soldato
I think we can logically assume it's probably a combo. Also yeah - totally didn't get your sarcasm (Fwoosh!). However let's face it, Ireland was a very different situation. There was actually an understandable political motive. Not necessarily just or correct but understandable. These actions however generally defy logic and seem to be killing for killings sake.

Many claim the reason for their attacks is because of western governments bombing and killing Muslims in foreign lands!
Perhaps if we stop killing innocent people abroad we can find out if this reasoning is sincere or just an excuse (although even then they can claim its for past crimes and murders abroad which we can hardly argue isn't true)

And no I'm not terrorist sympathizing before the usual suspects accuse me of that, murder and killing is wrong whoever and where-ever it occurs.

Caporegime
Youve brought up this "psychoanalysed" before and didnt it actually turn out to be "spoke with people i know"?

And your referneces to your work and acces to medical records and doctors etc turn out to just be your work in low level IT with Zero training in any medical or psychological feild?
I heard he once went on a plane and is now amelia earherdt

Caporegime
Many claim the reason for their attacks is because of western governments bombing and killing Muslims in foreign lands!
Perhaps if we stop killing innocent people abroad we can find out if this reasoning is sincere or just an excuse (although even then they can claim its for past crimes and murders abroad which we hardly argue isn't true)

And no I'm not terrorist sympathizing before the usual suspects accuse me of that, murder and killing is wrong whoever and where-ever it occurs.
That argument falls flat on its face when you consider the fact that most Muslims in the east are killed by other Muslims.

Soldato
Perhaps if we stop killing innocent people abroad we can find out if this reasoning is sincere or just an excuse (although even then they can claim its for past crimes and murders abroad which we can hardly argue isn't true)

I assume the next time there's a genocide happening in a Muslim country you'll be advocating for non-intervention?

Soldato

We should all aspire to be a beacons of tolerance and empathy like yourself? :rolleyes:

Soldato
"The solution is to take this big manly gun and shoot your own foot with it."

"No thanks"

"This pathetic liberal generation and their nambypamby fear of guns, eh?"

Back
Top Bottom