Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2017, Sakhir - Race 3/20

Rate the race: 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Forget qualli, his own stupidity cost him at a critical moment.

Bar 2007 when he was new (in a way) this is the first time he's been in a battle against a top driver for the WDC. Should be interesting. Shame about the compressor messing up Bottas' tyres. Would have been ice he could have got in the mix. Kimi is nothing. Hopefully we get someone who wants to drive fast in that car next year.

Soldato
A measly 4 from me, better than China, but Lewis robbed us of a head-to-head challenge by his holdup of Ricci lake and consequent 5 second penalty. Tyre strategy for Lewis also was a bit questionable, IMO.

Soldato
Pat Symonds is a moron. We've only had three races and Bottas has yet to take any points away from Lewis yet he'd be ready to give Lewis No1 status 'tonight'. Later in the season, if the drivers are taking points from each other then maybe but now is idiotic.

If a driver is that much better than their teammate then a natural pecking order will emerge and giving one driver explicit No1 status will be unnecessary. That's what happened with both Schumacher at Benetton and Alonso at Renault so Symonds never had to make that call during his championship years.

Caporegime
It was Mercedes' race to lose and they lost it. But unlike the last few years, their advantage is not so great that they can make mistakes and still win. Lewis's mistakes in qualifying and at the start lost him the race, and a questionable steward's call sealed the deal.

Soldato
It was Mercedes' race to lose and they lost it. But unlike the last few years, their advantage is not so great that they can make mistakes and still win. Lewis's mistakes in qualifying and at the start lost him the race, and a questionable steward's call sealed the deal.

Questionable?
No-one seemed to complain in the slightest regarding the decision.

Soldato
Watched this on channel 4 as I'm on holidays and I've got to say the commentary without Ted getting angry and trying to cause issues everywhere and then Crofty not having a clue what he is going on about is refreshing!

Soldato
Questionable?
No-one seemed to complain in the slightest regarding the decision.
Hahaha, yep, even Lewis himself took it on the chin, nothing questionable about the call, just a driver pushing the limits of rules and unfortunately fell on the wrong side of them.
I didnt see the issue at the time, seemed pretty innocent playing about on pit to try and give himself an advantage, but replays were pretty obvious, although hardly a big thing, rules be rules.

Back
Top Bottom