Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2017, Sakhir - Race 3/20

Rate the race: 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V F

V F

Soldato
Watched this on channel 4 as I'm on holidays and I've got to say the commentary without Ted getting angry and trying to cause issues everywhere and then Crofty not having a clue what he is going on about is refreshing!

Heh, Crofty. I used to like him but the hype hype hype is infuriating. Arms flapping in the air hype.

Caporegime
Shame for Lewis. He could have had this one if not for the mistakes in qualy on his final lap and the penalty today.

Vettel and that Ferrari are very competitive meaning any slight Merc mistakes get punished now. Good stuff. Merc strategy this season has been dodgy sometimes.

What is up with Kimi though? Is Vettel that much better than him? Vettel often manages to best the two Merc's but Kimi always seems behind them.

Soldato
Really enjoyable race. Ferrari (well, Vettel) were quick and bold on strategy. Mercedes were on the back foot and made silly mistakes - low pressure in the wheel guns, over inflating Bottas' tyres at the start, Hamilton's clever but illegal pit manoeuvre. It was a real shame that Verstappen's brakes failed as he looked to be on good pace, and I'd have liked to see if it could last the whole race distance.

Ted's comments about Alonso were interesting, suggesting that the car was retired without a problem and that Alonso will continue to retire the car right before the end of the race if he's out of the points. Surely off to Renault next year now.

smr

smr

Soldato
Brilliant race, didn't know who was going to win until the last 3 or so laps, haven't watched a race as tense as that for a long time. Excellent strategical race too - Ferrari and Vettel did a stellar job.

Caporegime
Good race for once. I voted it a 7. It didn't really have major interest at the end as all the gaps were too big.

Don't know why bottas was so bad, kimi is just rubbish. I don't really like him.

Glad Renault are making progress. Alonso is hilarious. He blatantly retired a working car. Love his sarcasm!

A solid 7. But probably an 8 vs most races and no rain.

Soldato
Rumour has it next year it's...

Ricciardo to Ferrari

Alonso to Renault

Well a couple of months ago, everyone assumed that it'd be Mercedes with a spare seat at the end of this season and all the top drivers trying to make themselves available for it.

In reality I think Bottas will stay put and it'll be Ferrari with the spare seat (and possibly the most sought-after drive too). Kimi needs the boot ASAP. He's an overrated, moody waste of space, always has been.

Soldato
I enjoyed the race, I think Mercedes still have the best car but their race decisions and stupidity of Hamilton cost them the win.

It was a shame Verstappen went out so early, he's probably one of the most exciting drivers out there now and I look forward to Redbull improving their car so they can make a proper challenge.

As for McLaren, how many more time will we hear they should be better in a few races, maybe towards the end of the season and then next season they will be better. They need to make a decision now as season after season of having a terrible team is not doing the brand any favours.

Caporegime
I enjoyed the race, I think Mercedes still have the best car but their race decisions and stupidity of Hamilton cost them the win.

In clean air Hamilton will be gone and not caught, cheating and getting the penalty didn't cost him the win though, poor start and strategy did. Kimi is absolute turd and has been since he returned, the Renault flattered him and he should have done better with it than he did. It's a miracle how some of these drivers keep on year after year while getting paid.

Bottas shouldn't have given up the place unless hamilton could pass him, that's exactly what Hamilton would have done.

Man of Honour
What makes Alonso think that Renault will have a Championship winning car next year?

With Alonso, that will mean McLaren n will be winning in 2019 and Renault will be nowhere.but t in all honesty there isn't any top seats and any things better McLaren. Surprised he just doesn't retirrand go to a different series.

Man of Honour
With Alonso, that will mean McLaren n will be winning in 2019 and Renault will be nowhere.but t in all honesty there isn't any top seats and any things better McLaren. Surprised he just doesn't retirrand go to a different series.

Yeah you just know if that happened with Alonso going to Renault, McLaren would have a title charge the following season and Renault would be fighting for a single point each race

Back
Top Bottom