What watch do you wear?

Soldato
There was a work related purchase. The people I work for, along with two other orgs could group buy one off watches with inscriptions on them. There was also a limited run group buy of the snoopy too and I opted for that.

Caporegime
Been looking at getting a tudor pelagos, but would have to go down the finance route... and not sure I can afford.

Any cheaper poor man alternative suggestions?
Can't you just keep saving? What is your current realistic budget? Without giving that info it's hard to suggest things.

Associate
This, even if you find a cheaper option you will always want the Pelagos.....is that just me?

I would do the opposite - I dabbled for years with affordable's (Seiko SKX, Bulova, Seiko Alpinist, Orient Monarch) until I finally got my Omega Seamaster wave dial.

It made me appreciate it so much more; the tiny details, the weight, the finish, the bracelet, the click of the bezel turn - each detail is just....perfect.

I would not have that unless I had worn affordable watches; plus, the watches I bought were all excellent for the price point/in their own right.

I remember trying on a Seamaster before I bought my first Seiko, I knew it was good, but only after buying other watches I appreciate how damn good it was.

Associate

Very nice. Like the modern blue!

Can't you just keep saving? What is your current realistic budget? Without giving that info it's hard to suggest things.

This, even if you find a cheaper option you will always want the Pelagos.....is that just me?

I'm open to the possibility of heading down the finance route, but I think you's are right... the Pelagos will always be the dream.

Time to look at the budget.

Associate
Very nice. Like the modern blue!

I'm open to the possibility of heading down the finance route, but I think you's are right... the Pelagos will always be the dream.

Time to look at the budget.

Never, ever buy a watch that you can't afford - even on finance. I know that sounds obvious but the amount of people with Rolex's who I know are just paying stupid amounts a month for it is silly; and it affects their daily lifestyle.

If you can afford a Pelagos - keep an eye out on Watchfinder/Watchmaster - they are pre-owned (so, cheaper) and you can purchase on finance too.

Caporegime
Having owned my blue Pelagos for a good few months now I know I would not be satisfied with anything less than a blue Pelagos. It is a thing of beauty, and the most comfortable thing I have ever worn on my wrist. Also, I never see any others when out and about.

I am now looking at buying something else for situations where blue isn't appropriate... my Hydroconquest will probably go to my dad. :)

Soldato
I would do the opposite - I dabbled for years with affordable's (Seiko SKX, Bulova, Seiko Alpinist, Orient Monarch) until I finally got my Omega Seamaster wave dial.

It made me appreciate it so much more; the tiny details, the weight, the finish, the bracelet, the click of the bezel turn - each detail is just....perfect.

I would not have that unless I had worn affordable watches; plus, the watches I bought were all excellent for the price point/in their own right.

I remember trying on a Seamaster before I bought my first Seiko, I knew it was good, but only after buying other watches I appreciate how damn good it was.

Oh don't get me wrong I did the exact same thing, I have always wanted a Seamaster but went for a few others before eventually deciding that the time was right (no pun intended). I bought Bulova which in itself is a really nice watch, I have Seiko and Skagen which again are really nice watches, none of them filled the want/need for the one I have always lusted after which is why I made my earlier comment. Once you have that thought in your head it will not shift until you have the one you really want, I can't speak for everyone but that is how my head works.

I would not over stretch my budget for a watch though, I would rather wait or simply not have it if I thought that it might come back to bite me.

Soldato
420EUR for a hideous looking, golden-detailed quartz watch from a brand of dubious quality? No thanks... I'd much prefer a Steinhart or similar.

I prefer the old style and smarter looking faces... Lol, I guess when someone has an opinion that isn't in line with others, it's the wrong opinion.

Not to mention, I'm not a fan of the 007 wannabe watches, as for Steinhart, first thing that slaps me in the face when I check the site is an advert 'Military 47'... I work in an office environment, customer facing and wear shirts. I don't drink my own **** in the arse end of nowhere on some survival program. And the bloody Military tripe isn't even waterproof! Come on.

Caporegime
I prefer the old style and smarter looking faces... Lol, I guess when someone has an opinion that isn't in line with others, it's the wrong opinion.

Not to mention, I'm not a fan of the 007 wannabe watches, as for Steinhart, first thing that slaps me in the face when I check the site is an advert 'Military 47'... I work in an office environment, customer facing and wear shirts. I don't drink my own **** in the arse end of nowhere on some survival program.
No-one said your opinion was 'wrong', and you can buy what you like. It is in my eyes really, really not a classy looking watch though, and for the same money there are many better. Rotary also have a less than great reputation for quality.

Yea haha, been here a while, I just forget the type of plebs that surf it from time to time.

Anyone have a valid reason for not going to Rotary for a watch?

Someone is a pleb for saying a watch looks hideous? Ok, *********, you buy that gold-accented 420EUR quartz watch. I'm sure it will fit well with your tastes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom