What watch do you wear?

Man of Honour
Interesting range there, I only carry a handful of cards now as Beep&Go stores all my loyalty cards, fuel is paid for via app, and anything below £100 is paid for via NFC.

The days of plastic cash/carrying are soon to be over for me :cool:

Soldato
I have the week off so I'm going to put my PO back on its bracelet and drop it in to the Omega Boutique. It needs regulating but was serviced 14 months ago so should be done under the service warranty.

Hopefully get a chance to see and try on a few of the new releases.

Soldato
I wouldn't trust ebay / paypal for a distance sale of this value they are too open to abuse. Any online sale carries risk but I'd stick to enthusiast forums and do lots of due diligence on the buyer.

For ultimate safety you could always trade to a dealer but obviously you're going to take a hit.

Is anyone aware of a courier that offers appropriately insured shipping? Generally those that go up to this sort of value specifically exclude jewellery and watches.

Soldato
Seriously eyeing up the Bulova Accutron II Snorkel. I'm an automatic fan normally, but there's something about that high frequency movement that has me. If I could decide which color variation I wanted I reckon I'd have ordered by now.

Soldato
How many seconds does it lose/gain a day, out of interest?

It's currently running at +17 seconds per day which is obviously way out of COSC.

I have a seamaster 300m with the same movement which has been running at +1.5 a day since I've had it. So it should be capable of similar accuracy.

Caporegime
Hi guys. As much as I love my Tudor Pelagos blue (seriously, I adore it) I also need something of equal quality for more formal occasions like work, or when I am simply not wearing things that go with blue. My Longines Hydroconquest will go to my old man.

Can I please have some ideas on a watch that:

• Costs around £3k.
  • Max 42mm.
  • Swiss brand.
  • Is water resistant to around 100-200m. I don't need higher as the Pelagos will always be my rough and ready beach watch.
  • Has a large power reserve (60 hours+) so I can not wear it for a couple of days and still have it going, as this has been awesome with my Pelagos.
Now on the face of it, the obvious answer would seem to be "get a TBB (Tudor Black Bay) with the same insides as the Pelagos". However the problem is that I absolutely must have a date complication, it is for me non-negotiable as I use it a lot. The only TBB that has one is the new "steel edition", and to be honest I do not like naked steel bezels, I want painted steel or even better ceramic.

I do love the Omega Speedmaster with Moonphase in black but the power reserve is "only" 48hrs, and while it's not a complete deal breaker if I find a watch I love, I would prefer higher.

Thought please, ladies and gents? :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Speedmaster doesn't have a water resistance to the level you're looking for. In fact not many formal/casual multi use watches do.

That's one of the reasons I got the NOMOS Ahoi which has 200M WR, and has a date complication option.

Caporegime
Speedmaster doesn't have a water resistance to the level you're looking for. In fact not many formal/casual multi use watches do.

That's one of the reasons I got the NOMOS Ahoi which has 200M WR, and has a date complication option.
Many of the Omega Speedmaster Moonphase models are resistant to 100m. :confused:

Associate
I learnt something new today after Richdog asked about a new watch that would need to be at least 100-200m water resistance as I was wondering why anyone would require such high values. I have always assumed it was for divers, now I learn that a watch marked as Water resistance 30m is little more than splash proof! Interesting to know and something I will bear in mind.

30 metres / 3 ATM Splash proof and waterproof in small amounts of water
50 metres / 5 ATM Can be submerged in water. Suitable for swimming, but not guaranteed to be resistant to jumping into the pool.
100 metres / 10 ATM Suitable for swimming and shallow diving
200 metres / 20 ATM Suitable for diving - not deep sea.

Man of Honour
Hi guys. As much as I love my Tudor Pelagos blue (seriously, I adore it) I also need something of equal quality for more formal occasions like work, or when I am simply not wearing things that go with blue. My Longines Hydroconquest will go to my old man.

• Costs around £3k.
  • Max 42mm.
  • Swiss brand.
  • Is water resistant to around 100-200m. I don't need higher as the Pelagos will always be my rough and ready beach watch.
  • Has a large power reserve (60 hours+) so I can not wear it for a couple of days and still have it going, as this has been awesome with my Pelagos.
Now on the face of it, the obvious answer would seem to be "get a TBB (Tudor Black Bay) with the same insides as the Pelagos". However the problem is that I absolutely must have a date complication, it is for me non-negotiable as I use it a lot. The only TBB that has one is the new "steel edition", and to be honest I do not like naked steel bezels, I want painted steel or even better ceramic.

I do love the Omega Speedmaster with Moonphase in black but the power reserve is "only" 48hrs, and while it's not a complete deal breaker if I find a watch I love, I would prefer higher.

Not Swiss but what about a Bremont Solo? I absolutely adore mine and it always gets comments.

Caporegime
I learnt something new today after Richdog asked about a new watch that would need to be at least 100-200m water resistance as I was wondering why anyone would require such high values. I have always assumed it was for divers, now I learn that a watch marked as Water resistance 30m is little more than splash proof! Interesting to know and something I will bear in mind.

30 metres / 3 ATM Splash proof and waterproof in small amounts of water
50 metres / 5 ATM Can be submerged in water. Suitable for swimming, but not guaranteed to be resistant to jumping into the pool.
100 metres / 10 ATM Suitable for swimming and shallow diving
200 metres / 20 ATM Suitable for diving - not deep sea.

Yup, correct. :)

Not Swiss but what about a Bremont Solo? I absolutely adore mine and it always gets comments.

I have no real interest in Bremont as I don't see them as having much credibility and zero heritage. Overpriced imo, and will not hold much value.

Soldato
Ah I thought they were just lightly water resistant going by chats in the past.

That's alright then

The straight-up Speedmaster Pros don't have screw down crowns or pushers, do they? I can't see how they can be anything more than splash resistant. They could claim Xm resistance, but I also don't see how you can get anything back from them if they do get damaged by water, as the water resistance rating applies in only an academic sense. Swimming at surface levels is not the same as having the watch exposed, static, at a certain depth.

This may be different for the Moonphase, Reduced etc.?

Associate

• Costs around £3k.
  • Max 42mm.
  • Swiss brand.

I guess it's easy to look at Rolex, or perhaps an Omega AquaTerra but apart from Swiss; I really think a Grand Seiko Spring Drive/Hi-beat will meet all your requirements.

Its an absolutely beautiful, fantastic watch, the sweeping minutes hand is drool worthy and some of the dial options (*********, or the deep red sunburst) are just amazing.
  • Costs around £3k. (You can get one second hand for this amount, or shop around)
  • Max 42mm. (Yep, they are 39/40mm)
  • Swiss brand. (I think you should not have this as a requirement :) )
  • Is water resistant to around 100-200m. I don't need higher as the Pelagos will always be my rough and ready beach watch. (Yep, 100m)
  • Has a large power reserve (60 hours+) so I can not wear it for a couple of days and still have it going, as this has been awesome with my Pelagos. (Yep)
That would be my choice.

Back
Top Bottom