**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Enjoy guys :D

Absolutely loving mines so far! The standby time on the battery seems really solid with the AOD active as well from what I can tell so far.

Also for those who have remapped Bixby on the standard S8 i believe our update is still to come as the S8+ is having that update pushed to the phones in Europe already.

Soldato
So had it for a day or so now.

Still love how good it feels to hold - massive difference when holding the old S6 at the same time
battery life is SO much better than my old S6, and I've changed the screen resolution to the max
Camera seems good
Slowly getting used to the finger scanner location, but I've got retina unlock active as well which works well except when I have my glasses on! (doesn't seem to have any problem with my contact lenses despite the warning)
I disabled Bixyby and my Bixby button now does nothing - wish I could map this to something useful!
My screens don't have any red tint except on the edge which is expected due to the angle

Associate
I have the Spigen Thin Fit case in black and it looks really stylish on a black S8. Very slim. The cutout on the back for the sensors and camera makes it very easy to feel where the fingerprint sensor is. What I really like is that you can have both the fingerprint and iris sensors sensors active and use whichever is more convenient at the time.

The other thing I have found is that in Developer Options you can switch off that annoying high volume warning when using Bluetooth or headphones. Al last! Used to get the warning every time I used an external device to listen to something.

Back
Top Bottom