**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Permabanned
There's a few rumours about it being announced in February now... with double the performance, a screen resolution better than the oculus rift and some other niceities...

I'm tempted to cancel my note 7 order and wait... do you think it's worth waiting the 5 or 6 months?

I could get a temporary phone and go sim only until then...?

or should I just stick with waiting for the note 7 (reports being it could be until November for the EU, but likely october)...

bit of a pickle now to be fair...

Update: Now official thread

Specsheet

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
ya, nothing is exciting in the phone market anymore, I only went for the note 7 for the pen to be honest (for work) and even then it was a tough sell.

at least with the s8, there's a big spec jump...

the Lumia was more for continuum as a test...

Permabanned
OP
yeah, as said - there's always something new coming out, but the S8 has new specs, where as the note7 is just a different phone on the same year old specs (2 years old by s8 release)... so the choice is form or substance... I have a feeling I should go for the substance as newer technology will be based on it... but what to do between now and then?

Permabanned
OP
I heard the S8 will have hats. 2 hats...and a bezel free monocle.

I bet you can't say 2 hats fast 10 times.

They could go bezel-less, speakers / mic can be along the edge, while as said, screen can go transparent over the camera, that said, the thickness of the display might hinder the clarity?

finger print readers etc can easily go on the back :p

I hope they do like the note though and have the curve symmetrical on both back and front.

Permabanned
OP
can you see volume buttons on that?
and the leak says*"activate Bixby by pressing a button on the side" what the hell? give us innovative technology like*curved edge display - still uses buttons?!?*1 step forward, 2 steps back?

"We removed the home button"
"But we gave you a*BIXBY BUTTON!"

edit --

can someone tell me why I keep getting these damn yellow stars!?!

Permabanned
OP
this looks interesting

and xbox connect lets you really be in the game!

Seriously if any of you think SOFTWARE technology is anywhere near this close from a HARDWARE company needs to get checked.

Cortana - Second rate after years of development
Assistant - Second rate after months of development
Siri - Second rate after years of development
Bixby - Not even released.

It can't even piggy back off existing software because they themselves are still beta.

Back
Top Bottom