My "New" Car

Caporegime
OP
For My Ibiza I used Natty's paste wax and poorboys black hole glaze.
Think amazon normally stock it, pretty cheap too

Always looked inky black and wet :)

I'll check those out cheers :)

I added one of these to the stock system on my MX5 MK3 Coupe (Its the sports version of yours before they renamed it sports tech)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Bluet...315522?hash=item19fa49afc2:g:DWUAAOSwq7JUIF0S

Sounds like your looking to go the extra step but it works well apart from the sound needing to be turned up on my Android phone when someone calls, my friends iPhone didn't have the issue though so its probably just an issue with its compatibility with my OnePlus 2.

I'm now looking at this

The Bling of the Kenwoods puts me off...The sony looks nice but the screen is small..

The JVC is only £329 at Halfords and supports Car play and Android auto

Caporegime
That one looks pretty decent tbh. One thing that's always put me off aftermarket stereos is their incessant need to have stupid lighting, fancy images, bling, etc. It's a car stereo, not a dashboard mounted night club ffs.

Then again, I did have a Sony Xplod when I was 18, which looked ridiculous.

Soldato
From what I remember you can turn off the bling. Even on my old Kenwood you could change the colour of the LEDs, switch them off, etc.

JVC one also looks good, no DAB though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
That one looks pretty decent tbh. One thing that's always put me off aftermarket stereos is their incessant need to have stupid lighting, fancy images, bling, etc. It's a car stereo, not a dashboard mounted night club ffs.

Then again, I did have a Sony Xplod when I was 18, which looked ridiculous.

yeah I like the understated looks :)

From what I remember you can turn off the bling. Even on my old Kenwood you could change the colour of the LEDs, switch them off, etc.

JVC one also looks good, no DAB though.

Not usre I need DAB...I could imagine the signal to be flaky...

Associate
Been looking at the JVC stereo too, Seems to have a nice amount of features and not be crazy on price like some of the other models.

Soldato
Do you really not like the BOSE unit?

I have the same car but silver, the stereo looks a little dated but does everything: It's loud, 6 Cds, bluetooth off the steering wheel, the display has a little clock :)

Apart from no usb connectivity there's nothing I want that isn't there, and it's a blast from the past burning discs :)

Caporegime
OP
Do you really not like the BOSE unit?

I have the same car but silver, the stereo looks a little dated but does everything: It's loud, 6 Cds, bluetooth off the steering wheel, the display has a little clock :)

Apart from no usb connectivity there's nothing I want that isn't there, and it's a blast from the past burning discs :)

The Bose unit sounds fine tbh...But I just want more features...Less wires...I also want a rear view camera :) Apple maps will be useful and streaming apple music....CBA burning disc's...IN fact I haven't had a DVD drive for years in all the computers I have built. Cloud for the win!!!!!

Plus I'm fickle with my music tastes...Sometimes I fancy some Pentangle
But only when driving alone :p

I want toys!!!!!!!!! And I want them now !!!!!!! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom