It's too hot :(

Soldato
Looks like a scorcher today! The air con is cranked up in the office this morning though, I'm actually a bit chilly!

I think a lunch time stroll along the river is in order today :)

I'm already salivating at the thought of going for a pint in the sun this evening :)

Soldato
Never complain about hot weather but my 1 month old is finding it impossible to sleep, poor little fella, probably so confused right now.

If it helps, my bro lives in Gibraltar and has two children (grown up now) but he recommended for my 3 year old (at the time) to give as cool as bath as you can get away with without it being too uncomfortable and then wrap in a cool blanket.

He said it keeps the pores closed so reduces sweat and you don't feel quite so hot - at least enough time for them to drop off (albeit you have feeds to contend with).

Good luck :)

Soldato
If it helps, my bro lives in Gibraltar and has two children (grown up now) but he recommended for my 3 year old (at the time) to give as cool as bath as you can get away with without it being too uncomfortable and then wrap in a cool blanket.

He said it keeps the pores closed so reduces sweat and you don't feel quite so hot - at least enough time for them to drop off (albeit you have feeds to contend with).

Good luck :)

Appreciate the advice. We're already second guessing everything we do with the little one right now and this weather has just exacerbated everything.

Soldato
My office is roasting and surprise surprise the air con is having issues, got a desk fan but it's just taking the edge off, not actually cooling me down. Can't wait to get in bed with the Mrs tonight...

Soldato
My little boys room was 28 last night and he was up till 4am due to the heat :( autism and heat dont mix, he's worked up due to the heat and wont sleep due to being hyper with no way to tell/get him to calm down. i felt for the poor sod!
We've got an aircon unit but far to loud to run while there in bed, but in this case its going to be the lesser of 2 evils!

Now glad to be sat in an office with AC to say the least :D

Soldato
Never complain about hot weather but my 1 month old is finding it impossible to sleep, poor little fella, probably so confused right now.
Feel for you there, my little one is 15 months but last summer he hated this weather couldn't sleep, his room was super hot ended up with fans in it was only thing that helped him, even now he can be bad on a night if too hot! Like his mum that way i love the heat all the time her and him not so much

Soldato
I agree it can be stuffy when in work atire. Suits and shirts etc, but you can't beat it. Just the look of the world changes when it's nice and warm as does my mood. It's well worth a little bit of uncomortableness for the benefits imo.
It needs to be about 24 constantly for me. I need to move.

Soldato
Feel for you there, my little one is 15 months but last summer he hated this weather couldn't sleep, his room was super hot ended up with fans in it was only thing that helped him, even now he can be bad on a night if too hot! Like his mum that way i love the heat all the time her and him not so much

Well recommended room temp for a newborn is 16-20, 18 being optimal, it's currently 25 in all rooms :( Need to get a fan methinks.

Back
Top Bottom