It's too hot :(

Soldato
People moaning its too hot... Try teaching 30 kids in a 3rd floor ICT room that only have two windows and a fan.... Door opens to a closed off hall... It's possibly 36c+

Man of Honour
I do love this weather - but I do accept we do not have the infrastructure in this country to cope with it.

The tube will be miserable this evening, it's fine in the morning as i get into town before most people are awake and it's still a lot cooler.

Associate
28c in my bedroom last night before the Portable AC was turned on, it would only get the room down to 22c though - am I expecting too much for it to drop into the teens?

9000BTU - Igenix 99001

Man of Honour
28c in my bedroom last night before the Portable AC was turned on, it would only get the room down to 22c though - am I expecting too much for it to drop into the teens?

9000BTU - Igenix 99001

22C is very comfortable - at least the AC will dry the air, humidity is the thing that is the most oppressive generally.

Soldato
I work in an old magistrates court, in the actual court room, in the defendants box. Large glass pains with small gaps between, single desk fan. No windows but a sky light, no air flow and there are 35 laptops and PC's in here all working away along with about 25 staff members.

When you get off a plane somewhere really hot and the heat hits you, that's what it's like all the time.

Worst part is, we have air con but they refuse to repair it because of the cost. Doesn't stop them spending £12k on a spa weekend for the sales consultants and not even mentioning the leadership holiday they've been away on for the last 4 days for 40+ sales consultants, heads of departments and their partners... Can't wait to be out of here!

Soldato
Some people smell - that's life. It's the lack of ventilation that can be tough. I try and stand by the carriage interconnecting doors as there's usually a nice breeze there.

Those are the prime spots, that rush of air onto your back once the train gets moving again after that build up of heat once you stop at station is bliss!

Man of Honour
This heat is horrendous. :(

Is there nothing like a mini air conditioning unit? I can't be doing with the big ones with a pipe out of the window. My fan is quite a good one but it's limited in the office/computer room where it's boiling!

Back
Top Bottom