Aorus Owner's Lounge

Permabanned
One thing I'm skeptical about is that some places declare a 8k monitor output on v7 units...

Is that accurate @Atom ?
Does some units have it and others don't?

I must say the manual is ridiculously simple...

For example, we also don't know which port may charge at bigger Ampere....
(Only tb3 at 3A? How about the rest?)

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh Dear, not sounding good.

You can try disconnecting battery and reconnecting and seeing if that has any effect, if not then please return to OCUK for exchange to new unit - ie, don't send in for repair.

Sorry to hear this,

Let us know how you want to proceed.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Hi @Atom80, thanks for the go-ahead on the battery. So in short I've got the system up and running again. Here is an ordered list of what i did.

• Removed the back cover
• Removed the battery. A quick note on battery removal. The wires are pretty thin connecting the bat to the male connection for the motherboard. I would really personally recommend that anyone who is not 100% keen on working around hardware to not attempt to remove this as i can see it being easily damaged. For reference i used an old dead stick of ram for leverage across the entire platform ( a perfect fit ) so it popped out easily. Do not! pull the wires for god sake they will definitely come out of the male connection.
• Left in this state for 1 minute.
• Plugged battery back into motherboard and tried to boot no sign of life
• Unplugged the battery again left in this state for one minute again
• Plugged power cable into system and tried to boot without battery. No sign of life.
• Removed power cable
• Unconnected CMOS for 1 minute just to clear the bios in case the cpu was somehow locking the system.
• Plugged battery and CMOS back in and tried to boot. Nothing.
• Cried a little inside
• Ate some Haribo
• Noticed surge protector looked.. different.
• Unplugged power brick from surge protector and placed into wall.
• Laptop turns on.
• Sigh of relief.

Conclusion? I think the mains power may have for the first time in 20+ years sent in a dangerous amount of power ripple. Causing the surge protector to trip out the power brick ( everything else on the protector was fine still up and running )

So sorry for my panic :D.

• Eats more Haribo.

Soldato
One thing I'm skeptical about is that some places declare a 8k monitor output on v7 units...

Is that accurate @Atom ?
Does some units have it and others don't?

I must say the manual is ridiculously simple...

For example, we also don't know which port may charge at bigger Ampere....
(Only tb3 at 3A? How about the rest?)

I THINK TB3 can push 8k30.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi @Atom80, thanks for the go-ahead on the battery. So in short I've got the system up and running again. Here is an ordered list of what i did.

• Removed the back cover
• Removed the battery. A quick note on battery removal. The wires are pretty thin connecting the bat to the male connection for the motherboard. I would really personally recommend that anyone who is not 100% keen on working around hardware to not attempt to remove this as i can see it being easily damaged. For reference i used an old dead stick of ram for leverage across the entire platform ( a perfect fit ) so it popped out easily. Do not! pull the wires for god sake they will definitely come out of the male connection.
• Left in this state for 1 minute.
• Plugged battery back into motherboard and tried to boot no sign of life
• Unplugged the battery again left in this state for one minute again
• Plugged power cable into system and tried to boot without battery. No sign of life.
• Removed power cable
• Unconnected CMOS for 1 minute just to clear the bios in case the cpu was somehow locking the system.
• Plugged battery and CMOS back in and tried to boot. Nothing.
• Cried a little inside
• Ate some Haribo
• Noticed surge protector looked.. different.
• Unplugged power brick from surge protector and placed into wall.
• Laptop turns on.
• Sigh of relief.

Conclusion? I think the mains power may have for the first time in 20+ years sent in a dangerous amount of power ripple. Causing the surge protector to trip out the power brick ( everything else on the protector was fine still up and running )

So sorry for my panic :D.

• Eats more Haribo.

Hi harry5522,

Excellent news, thanks for letting us know it was the Haribo & electricity supply to blame and not the AORUS X5 !

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
To everybody that is thinking of getting a X5 V7: the well described keyboard issue on the X5 V6 (and also X7) is also present in the X5 V7!

It is incredible to see all the posts on different forums, youtube clips, and reviews that have demonstrated that the Aorus laptops are (consistently) plagued by the same keyboard issue of non-stop spam a particular key and (in my case the "+" key) without ANY reason or solution found, described or addressed by the technical support team of Aorus. If it is a hardware problem, shame on them for not sorting this out on time and still selling these expensive laptops to people with flawed hardware. If it is a software issue, why has this not been addressed adequately?

The issue is the non-stop spam of a particular key, and not being able to stop until I click a random key, and then it starts again after a while. This is a major problem and a deal-breaker with the laptop. Also, the mouse keeps hanging and needs a key press on the keyboard to be released. We have been waiting for this laptops for many months now, God knows how long it will take if this laptop is going to be sent back for repair.

Video of the issue:
http://tinypic.com/r/2uyrif7/9

Latest firmware and drivers installed:
http://tinypic.com/r/2428s9x/9

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
To everybody that is thinking of getting a X5 V7: the well described keyboard issue on the X5 V6 (and also X7) is also present in the X5 V7!

It is incredible to see all the posts on different forums, youtube clips, and reviews that have demonstrated that the Aorus laptops are (consistently) plagued by the same keyboard issue of non-stop spam a particular key and (in my case the "+" key) without ANY reason or solution found, described or addressed by the technical support team of Aorus. If it is a hardware problem, shame on them for not sorting this out on time and still selling these expensive laptops to people with flawed hardware. If it is a software issue, why has this not been addressed adequately?

The issue is the non-stop spam of a particular key, and not being able to stop until I click a random key, and then it starts again after a while. This is a major problem and a deal-breaker with the laptop. Also, the mouse keeps hanging and needs a key press on the keyboard to be released. We have been waiting for this laptops for many months now, God knows how long it will take if this laptop is going to be sent back for repair.

Video of the issue:
http://tinypic.com/r/2uyrif7/9

Latest firmware and drivers installed:
http://tinypic.com/r/2428s9x/9

Hi Rutte,

Hmmmm, not good, and sorry to read this.

Can you please post the serial number of your machine, so we can send to HQ to investigate with factory.

We won't ask that you send this in for repair, as this isn't the experience we wish for you - so please can you start return process with OcUK and exchange for replacement new unit.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to keep your valued custom.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Any X5 MD news?

I'm considering going for the regular X5 v7 but want to know how much lighter and thinner the MD version is going to be (if at all) and whether performance will be better or worse.

Finally, do the models in the OCUK store have UK keyboards?

Permabanned
So just received the x5 v7 and there seems to be trouble already...

@Atom80

Just unpacked, plugged the charger as per instructions on the quick start guide, battery led turns on, I wait just a few minutes before checking the battery level.

Battery shows fully charged (so battery was pre-charged) => "OK I turn it on", press power, both led from power button and indicator turns on for 3sec, than nothing....

Now if I plug the charger to any power plug it doesn't show the battery led indicator when charging... but if I press to check battery level I see it's fully charged. It just won't turn ON...

What can I do resolve? I didn't even had the chance to see if the keyboard keys are ok!:eek:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Tried to see if it turns on keeping pressing on power for a few seconds, now the power button + logo on the cover + last indicator (light icon) are ON but nothing else... screen never turns on....

What should I do?!?

I hear it's running.... I can't turn it "off"... I'm starting to seriously freak out...

Last edited:
Associate
Tried to see if it turns on keeping pressing on power for a few seconds, now the power button + logo on the cover + last indicator (light icon) are ON but nothing else... screen never turns on....

What should I do?!?

This is probably too simple a solution but turn on, when power and logo lights are on press Fn + F6?

Permabanned
This is probably too simple a solution but turn on, when power and logo lights are on press Fn + F6?

Cannot "turn off" to restart... here are the lights ON, but I can't seem to get any response from it:

2h4dc1h.png[\IMG]

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'd wait for @Atom80 to reply but prepare to RMA. I'm sure AORUS will resolve this as quick as they can for you.

I'm just scared to let it discharge and not be able to do anything before sending... Also it is crucial to avoid multiple RMAs.... this is actually for professional purpose and I'm scared to find out it comes back only to discover some screen problem or blocked key when typing.... we couldn't even test a thing, my god...:(

(And of course, it's too late to call anybody at this time...)

Back
Top Bottom