*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
Can't get on with the motion controls in Zelda ot Splatoon at least they can be turned off!

Played a bit of Splatoon but not sure it's something I'd pay full price for. BOTW is incredible so far, Arms I still need to learn properly.

Had the other half playing Mario kart for an hour earlier, first time she's gamed in a very long time.

Soldato
Just isn't intuitive at the moment, guess it will come with time!

Peripheral prices sting a bit, want to get another controller, would like another joycon for 4p Mario kart but also would like the Pro as a more comfortable option for Zelda.....decisions....

Man of Honour
Just isn't intuitive at the moment, guess it will come with time!

Peripheral prices sting a bit, want to get another controller, would like another joycon for 4p Mario kart but also would like the Pro as a more comfortable option for Zelda.....decisions....

The trick in both games is to use both controls. Use the stick to point in general direction and the motion control to fine tune your aim.

It's not far off mouse accuracy!

Soldato
The trick in both games is to use both controls. Use the stick to point in general direction and the motion control to fine tune your aim.

I've been trying, but I end up just fighting the stick with the motion controls!

Just need the muscle memory to kick in I guess...

Man of Honour
Yeah you have to use them independently. Once you get it though you can never go back.

You need max sensitivity on Splatoon 2 though to make use of it and it's disgusting once you get the knack. You can easily tell who isn't using it as you progress in ranked.

Soldato
lol! :p

Well that was friggin awesome! :D

Never played the first one so had no idea on what to do beyond spraying ink everywhere.

Managed a few "splats" and only fell off the map three times! I am sorry if you were on my team as #TeamCake lost all bar one of our matches...

Mrs was using the TV so was playing undocked. I am finding that docked I am fine with the motion controls, but undocked I prefer using the sticks. It is probably something I will get used to with time.

Associate
That's it, I'm taking this Friday off :D

I tried a bit with the Joy-cons (free-hand) and it worked surprising well, kinda nice just using one hand to gyro aim. I'll probably end up sticking with Pro Controller after some more experimenting, will see.
After so long playing the first Splatoon I'm still adapting a bit to not using the Wii U GamePad (and jump being on B now), it felt weird using Gyro with my hands closer together at first.

The online was very smooth all round, noticed a bunch of little improvements over the first game. Some really clever level design choices too, e.g. well thought out placement of shiny (non-paintable) surfaces.

Soldato
Problem with splatoon is it doesn't demo well. It takes a while to get used to the controls and Concept so a few hours to try before we buy can end up doing more harm than good. With the original I disliked it for a while until I started to get to grips with it etc

I was thinking g of getting it as I enjoyed the first but playing the demo didn't really show me anything the original didn't do? I'll wait and see how this gs go around release, don't want to write it off just yet

Man of Honour
This is definitely just more of the same when comparing it to the original.

I'm fine with that though as I just want a portable splatoon and a good online multiplayer game to go alongside mario kart.

Soldato
Yeah you have to use them independently. Once you get it though you can never go back.

You need max sensitivity on Splatoon 2 though to make use of it and it's disgusting once you get the knack. You can easily tell who isn't using it as you progress in ranked.

You mean use the joycons independently, like one in each hand ? Not tried this for anything other then arms , always used the grip but this might be worth a try ! Guessing the right joycon is the one that's used for the motion ?

Man of Honour
You mean use the joycons independently, like one in each hand ? Not tried this for anything other then arms , always used the grip but this might be worth a try ! Guessing the right joycon is the one that's used for the motion ?

No, I meant aim loosely with the stick, then let go of the stick and tilt for fine aiming.

However split joy cons are the best way to play this. A lot better than the pro controller as 90 degree turns with the motion controls are a lot faster and easier.

Back
Top Bottom