*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
LZsIFXg.jpg

Latest News:

04 January 2016

Nintendo NX again tipped to be a console/handheld hybrid

The Nintendo NX has again been tipped to be a console/handheld hybrid, ahead of its full unveiling later this year.

Although the hybrid console and handheld design has yet to be officially confirmed by Nintendo, several rumours and industry people are backing such a hardware choice.

Reports suggest that Nintendo's upcoming console will include both portable and home-play options that highlight the company's dedication to both markets – currently served by the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS family.

According to Queensland University of Technology video game lecturere Mitchell McEwan speaking to the New Daily, such a hybrid device would make things easier for Nintendo, especially when it comes to support for existing software.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-nx-again-tipped-to-be-a-console-handheld-hybrid

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nintendo NX To Be Unveiled This June For An October / November Launch, Analyst Says

06 January 2016

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-to-...r-november-launch-analyst-says/#ixzz3wTBBQY7p

Nintendo has been working on a new console codenamed NX for some time, but the company has yet to share anything on its new product. Many have speculated that the new console will be officially unveiled this year, and it seems like this is going to be the case, according to a Japanese analyst from Nomura Securities.

VTjkn4N.jpg

Soldato
OP
In my dream world it has at least the same/similer cpu/gpu as the ps4 on a die shrink giving a 20% boost in performance.... for the love of god don't come out at ps4 pr below power specs :(

I want to see what Nintendo can do with proper grunt.

Same here, anything less than PS4 performance in 2016 would be underwhelming for me. Graphics aren't everything but if you can't match or beat the competition in hardware then it will put certain buyers off from the get go.

Decent hardware with Nintendo's first party games will be awesome. Imagine the worlds Nintendo could create with more horsepower.

Soldato
OP
Everything we know about the Nintendo NX

08 January 2016

Nintendo will start talking about its new console this year. What can we expect?

The Nintendo NX exists, but that’s about all we know for sure. The big N’s silence on the matter hasn’t stopped the rumours from swirling, helped along by a rash of patents and speculation.

Arekkz has gathered up all the most interesting available information, allowing us to get a glimpse of what the hardware might look like when it manifests later this year.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/08/nintendo-nx-everything-we-know/

Soldato
OP
I wonder if it will have anything to do with Nintendo's recent interest in Android and iOS (basically ARM then?) games. Given we've been told it isn't a Wii 3.0 or whatever I'd expect a little set top box thing- low cost, low power, with games that can also run on the handheld version.

Yeah, thinking the same. Maybe Arm CPU with AMD graphics, so can run android etc. Unified OS for the hybrid console, easier for developers.

X86 + AMD would be better imho, with the portable part downgrading graphics but being able to play the same games on the go. Then when your at home put it into a dock for the full high res / 60FPS experience on the big screen.

Annoying Nintendo are so good at keeping quiet :p Just have no idea what this thing is going to be..

Soldato
OP
The Nintendo NX: Separating fact from fiction

Nintendo’s next console (the Nintendo NX) has been picking up a lot of media attention over the past year and as a result the internet is rife with facts and speculation.

Nintendo fans frantically bash amiibo against their keyboards, in an effect to unlock the latest announcement. While in some in some dark corner of twitter an out-of-context screenshot retweets its way into the headlines of countless news sites.

So what do we really know about the Nintendo NX and what “facts” are actually fiction?

Let’s take a look…

http://www.consolefood.co.uk/article/nintendo-nx-facts-separating-fact-from-fiction

Soldato
OP
Thought the reveal was really well done, much better than the cringe fest that was the PS4 Pro reveal 'Shudders'.

I think the price is fair considering this is a legit gaming tablet, home console hybrid.

The poor guys just hang on for a price cut / deals at Xmas time.

Good line up of games too, Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon 2 and portable Skyrim have got me sold. Any future games I will see as a bonus xD

Day one buy for me, my kids love Nintendo. Looking forward to this !

Soldato
OP
Love it when stuff arrives early xD

Game looks great on the small screen, gonna test it out docked later.

Now back to Witcher land ...

20191011-145006.jpg

20191011-145825.jpg

20191011-151000.jpg

Soldato
OP
Hows the text size? Can it be altered?

Text size is great on the lil screen. Everything totally legible.

Honestly it looks great portable. It's when you put it on the big screen it's like eeeww. I compared with Xbox One X and Switch side by side for the lulz. Yup stick to portable.

That aside though, it's amazing. What an epic game to have on the go. Amazing achievment for the Switch imho. Plays great, even better with headphones.

Soldato
OP
Got an Mclassic recently, thought it was worth a shot as my monitor is 1440P, really shocked at how well it outputs a 1440P signal and really does sharpen and clean up the image. Zelda and Mario games look stunning.

Cannot recommend this enough, if you can find one. Go for it!

Easily hidden behind the dock..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom