• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Genuine question, how does a PC user easily transfer pics/video from their phone not using wifi or the internet ? I'm *pondering* the Iphone 8+ or 7+ even for the eco system, but its got to be easy for me to move it to my PC not always using icloud - im on the road etc, my LG v20 plugs in, acts like a camera.

Associate
Genuine question, how does a PC user easily transfer pics/video from their phone not using wifi or the internet ? I'm *pondering* the Iphone 8+ or 7+ even for the eco system, but its got to be easy for me to move it to my PC not always using icloud - im on the road etc, my LG v20 plugs in, acts like a camera.

You can plug an iPhone into a computer and drag photos off like that if you want.

If you're using OS X, it'll transfer and sync via WiFi when both are on the same network automatically.

Associate
Drag how ? Like its a camera being plugged into it ? Use both Windows 10 and OSX

shows up as an attached camera in My Computer, clicky clicky draggy draggy.

OS X it'll sync automagically, back everything up, refresh your music playlists if you have them set up, copy photos to iPhoto albums etc

Permabanned

You can sync them over wifi sync, wifi/cellular iCloud or just plug in a USB cable like you would with any normal camera.

Permabanned
You can plug an iPhone into a computer and drag photos off like that if you want.

If you're using OS X, it'll transfer and sync via WiFi when both are on the same network automatically.
Does that on Windows too

Drag how ? Like its a camera being plugged into it ? Use both Windows 10 and OSX
Drag and drop like any other camera through file system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
In terms of speed, my Nan has actually just got a Google Pixel through one of the contract deals, and my god - so much quicker and smoother than my iPhone 7!!! It even has long press for 3D Touch feel - and it really does feel the same. And then there's the camera :O And the screen...

In fact, come to think of it, there isn't anything the iPhone does better. Even the battery life people talk about, I encounter as much battery drain as I did on all my other android phones.

But, customer service is what won be over after Samsung refused to fix my phone for free after damaging it during a repair.

Man of Honour
I have too look at what I do with a phone...

Calls
SMS/WhatsApp
Take a few pictures
Browse the odd website
Finance and banking
Book the odd train / table for dinner

All of these can be done with any iPhone which supports the current IOS so really, for me, it's a new toy decision, not a need decision.

It is why I have a 6 still.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I suppose without headphone jack an iphone stopped being the original multimedia device it used to be - and iphone 8 and X are just confirmation that they won't budge. So if your phone can't be auxed in, can't be used with majority of external speakers people have around, can't be used without wireless solutions, plus it's an iphone, closed environment so it's not like you going to stuff with entire seasons of TV shows for a long, boring trip, therefore storage becomes secondary issue - 64Gb serves just about anyone with regular equipment, 256Gb serves hardcore apple techies with all the newest toys. People who actively use storage for music, videos etc moved away from the platform long time ago. For every step forward, they take two steps sideways and thus slowly move off the map into Blackberry territory.

Soldato
Apart from being almost identical design wise the latest 8's are a hefty 15.6% and 17.5% heavier than the original incarnation of their design in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. What's more, battery life will just about be the same which in the smaller models is just not enough.

Associate
I'm confused. Why do people keep moaning about lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack??? I get that its a pain in the rear if you have expensive headphones that use this but do people seriously think companies will never move on from these legacy connections, do they expect in the year 2050 to still be using 3.55mm jacks????

Soldato
I'm confused. Why do people keep moaning about lack of a 3.5mm headphone jack??? I get that its a pain in the rear if you have expensive headphones that use this but do people seriously think companies will never move on from these legacy connections, do they expect in the year 2050 to still be using 3.55mm jacks????

There's nothing wrong with a 3.5mm jack so why get rid of it??

Back
Top Bottom