• iPhone 8 Plus 64Gb

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • iPhone 8 Plus 256Gb

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • No, I won't be buying it

Votes: 150 62.2%

• Total voters
Associate
Went for the Belkin one from O2 in the end. Supposed to arrive in 2 weeks which seems a bit long but oh well. Will see how it goes once delivered.

Caporegime
Just picked up an iPhone 8 as an upgrade from a 6 and I'm thinking a case/protection is probably vital for the back glass unfortunately (never use cases on my phones). Are skins like those from Colorware good enough to protect the glass or do I need something more substantial. In which case anyone got something like the Veil XT from Caudabe and if so are they any good?

Associate
So post Parkrun yesterday I took my arm band off and my phone fell out, causing a nice crack on the top right and bottom left corners, luckily I havnt hit the main screen area so its just cosmetic, but I'm just annoyed with myself

I can still apply applecare+ as I've only had the phone for 5 weeks, and I can wait until the damage spreads to getting it replaced, but is it worth it? First time in 10 years I've dropped an iphone

Soldato
So post Parkrun yesterday I took my arm band off and my phone fell out, causing a nice crack on the top right and bottom left corners, luckily I havnt hit the main screen area so its just cosmetic, but I'm just annoyed with myself

I can still apply applecare+ as I've only had the phone for 5 weeks, and I can wait until the damage spreads to getting it replaced, but is it worth it? First time in 10 years I've dropped an iphone
Your house insurance could cover it or your bank? I have both and house only need £50 payment and unlimited claim whilst Apple care need £75 and only 2 claim

Associate
Your house insurance could cover it or your bank? I have both and house only need £50 payment and unlimited claim whilst Apple care need £75 and only 2 claim

I have barclays tech pack but unsure how long I'll be without my phone for, whereas applecare is same day normally if I go to a store, or use the express replacement service.

Soldato
Just picked up a refurbished iPhone 8 from direct from Apple Refurb Store for my Mum to replace her damaged iPhone 6.

Anyone able to recommend a good quality Folio Case please?

Last edited:
Associate
I have come back to the iPhone 8 after using a pixel 3 and then the S10e.

The pixel 3 was a hardware mess the 1st had gap in the frame and the 2nd from
Cpw had multiple problems from mic, loudspeakers and screen flashing so I quickly got rid of it and I moved on to the S10e.
The e S10e was more better but as ever the software is still not as good as iOS I just like the fact that iOS apps are just made for apple but on android the apps are made for android rather than S10e if that makes sense so the apps are always more polished and smooth on iOS.

Soldato
Soldato
Has anyone attempted to repair their Iphone 8 screen?

Are all replacement screens created equally? I saw this one which comes with the tools to do it too, but they seem to range in price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacemen...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=H6R2CV6812H86Z0877EA

And also how fiddly is it?

You can get it done for £100 from iSmash.

Or google a local repair man and they might be able to do it cheaper. My mum got her iPhone 6 Plus screen replaced for a pretty good price from a local independent chap.

Soldato
Yeah i saw some of those prices and just don't think i can justify the cost. I've had the cracked screen for months and it doesn't bother me too much. Just thought if i could get it done around £50 then i'd be happy. Getting prices of £100 feels like i'd not bother and made me look at doing it myself.

Back
Top Bottom