Rees-Mogg: increased usage of food banks 'uplifting'

Soldato
At least he's not doing the traditional politicians bag of trying to pretend to be something he's not, he's got the guts and the brains to admit he acts like a posh ***** because that's what he is.

I'd rather he do that than lie and try to convince people otherwise.

Soldato
Food banks could be solved by the state controlling the spending of benefit recipients, but that isn't favoured. There is no shortage of money in many cases,but a lack of sensible prioritization.

The problem with freedom is that some people use it badly, that doesn't follow that the most appropriate solution is to compensate them for their poor decision.

That's assuming that 100% of people using food banks are in receipt of benefits, which I am not sure is true. Also, as for priortisation of money from benefits to essentials, yes it could be said there is a problem. There is also a problem with laws regarding lending - lenders should be forced to freeze accounts of those who have no ability to repay debt until such time as they are.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Ohh the Mogg

Everything that is wrong with society in one man.

If you can call principled by picking what little bit of Catholic dogma you like then go for it.

I hate him, and everything he stands for.

/end of.

Man of Honour
Did you read the article? I would not describe any of his comments as lacking in sympathy or promoting inhumanity.
and how about what he didn't say?
why do people have such a hard time actually realising what people like this actually are and want.

Soldato
If we're going to lynch him I prefer it be for his opinion that raped women should be denied abortions. Lovely man, and what a good job the people of North-East Somerset have done in electing him as their representative.

Commissario
If we're going to lynch him I prefer it be for his opinion that raped women should be denied abortions. Lovely man, and what a good job the people of North-East Somerset have done in electing him as their representative.
That is a very very large part of the reason of my opinion on of him.

He reminds a lot of the sort of politician who is hardline "religious" and sees women as second class humans who shouldn't have rights over their body and can't understand why a women might for example might not want to carry the baby of her rapist, or might want to live and try for another baby rather than carry on with a pregnancy that could result in the death of both.

I find that too swift.

Unfortunately we don't have something as tall as the Burj Khalifa here, so I was going for something symbolic, and that might get the attention of the rest of the politicians;)
Especially after the fuss they were making about stopping the chimes of Big Ben because "health and safety's gone mad", when there are going to be people working on the tower who would suffer hearing loss due to it.

More seriously I wouldn't really want to hurt him, but the more I see/hear of him the more he appals and disgusts me with his views and ideas.
He seems like a throwback to another century.

Soldato
My neighbours go to food banks regularly, in fact boast about what they got free. Telling me to go. ( i am nowhere near the breadline so am not going to rob others).

They have been to Malaga twice so far this year, have the full sky tv package and the wife is on benefits. not saying that all food bank users are like this but the numbers should be taken with a pinch of salt when used as a correlation with poverty in this country.

Soldato
That is a very very large part of the reason of my opinion on of him.

Same here, and he said that he was opposed to abortions under all circumstances, including rape and incest. He said it very clearly on camera so there's no denying it.

So a young girl could be raped by a family member and forced to go full term with the pregnancy and give birth, and that's just fine and dandy for Rees-Mogg.

Caporegime
As he's been very clear that his opinions are his own why do people think he's not allowed to have them ?

Of course he's entitled to them, he's also entitled to be told what utterly appalling opinions he has, and also accepts people will judge him as a piece of **** for holding said views.

Also makes you wonder what type of people vote for him with those views.

Back
Top Bottom