Rees-Mogg: increased usage of food banks 'uplifting'

NVP

NVP

Soldato
it seemed from your answer previously that you might have been OK with abortions up to 10 weeks but then that changed so I was curious as to where the line was and why that's all.
Nothing changed, why you try do me like that Bro? ;)

Caporegime
Food banks could be solved by the state controlling the spending of benefit recipients, but that isn't favoured. There is no shortage of money in many cases,but a lack of sensible prioritization.

The problem with freedom is that some people use it badly, that doesn't follow that the most appropriate solution is to compensate them for their poor decision.

Very true. A prime example of this occurred to me recently. I was in Morrisons just grabbing some fruit and a couple with 3 kids were in front of me in the queue. Every single item in their trolley was from the Morrisons basic range (don't know the name of it). Anyways, they'd obviously been adding up the cost as they went and must have had a couple of ££ from their budget left. At this point the man disappeared for a minute and came back with 8 cans of cider. I couldn't help but think that that extra money left over should have been either saved, or spent on some better quality food for the kids but no, he had to have his drink.

Caporegime
Nothing changed, why you try do me like that Bro? ;)

I didn't say anything had changed, I'm just asking for clarification on your views - you posted some views then made a statement that you assumed your views were clear and they're not really clear at all. In stead of the back and forth you could perhaps state that you're in favour of abortion up to X weeks, or you're not in favour of abortion at all inc the morning after pill and the coil/IUD... or maybe you'd make an exception in cases of rape etc..etc.. I didn't really want to carry on back and forth I just pointed out on the previous page that the position you were coming from wasn't clear and for whatever reason you've then chosen not to clarify it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Yeh sorry, I am purposely being evasive as I honestly don't know what is the right answer. I'm not informed enough and this is a literal discussion of life and death so choose to avoid debating any gestation limit etc.

Back
Top Bottom