Someone just tried to spend £1000 from my bank at OcUK.

Soldato
Hey guys. Just got a text from Halifax.

0I8fu5x.png

I have changed my ocuk account password. But, i have checked my orders and don't see anything in there that failed payment or was cancelled. I think this was used on another account somewhere?

Anything else i should do? ( halifax sent me a text saying they would be in touch with me "soon" )

cheers.

EDIT : I would like to point out that this is a genuine text from them. There is another one from them above from when i ordered a 2k laptop from ocuk and had to confirm that it was me making the payment as i did it.

Soldato
Strange OCUK was used in the attempted fraud, they aren't the most obvious retailer to buy electronic goods from. When did you buy that laptop? Do you still have the invoice in your inbox? I'd change your email password too if that is the case. Sometimes banks will 'whitelist' a particular retailer that you purchase goods from with regularity, although luckily that wasn't enough for it to go through their system.

Associate
Hey guys. Just got a text from Halifax.

0I8fu5x.png

I have changed my ocuk account password. But, i have checked my orders and don't see anything in there that failed payment or was cancelled. I think this was used on another account somewhere?

Anything else i should do? ( halifax sent me a text saying they would be in touch with me "soon" )

cheers.

EDIT : I would like to point out that this is a genuine text from them. There is another one from them above from when i ordered a 2k laptop from ocuk and had to confirm that it was me making the payment as i did it.

The number on top image is that of the sender?
Enter it online.
Shows quite a few have had that number with a similar message, stating it was a con.

Just a thought, check your phone bill, in case it's one that costs for replies etc. More likely (if it is a con) that they're just after your personal info'.

Associate
The number on top image is that of the sender?
Enter it online.
Shows quite a few have had that number with a similar message, stating it was a con.

Just a thought, check your phone bill, in case it's one that costs for replies etc. More likely (if it is a con) that they're just after your personal info'.
Number is legit, it belongs to Lloyds Bank Fraud Department which owns Llyods, Bank of Scotland and Halifax.

Soldato
Time to do a full malware scan on your phone/computer.

Also change your internet banking details.

Probably a compromised card and fraudster using a rare estore to stay under the radar, I assume overclockers still only complete a order if it's the same shipping address as the card is registered at

Soldato
Laptop was on the 13th 06 2017. I regularly change my email passwords but will do it again.

as yourself, i think it's strange that it's OcUK as i do buy 70% of my pc stuff from here.

Possibly whoever got access to your card details, also got access to some of your purchasing history (bank statements?) and deliberately targeted sites that you'd made large purchases from in the past, hoping that your bank would be less likely to block it as suspicious?

Back
Top Bottom