**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
I just done a web chat about my failing 6P battery, long story short they sent an email with instructions that contained a link to the Play Store...

Replacement brand new Pixel XL which will be delivered next week! :)

They put a hold on the card for the value until they receive my phone, which ill return when i receive theirs. Excellent service considering i bought the phone on the 28th of Oct 2015!

What did you actually tell them?

i just said it's been going for a while, and that i've already done a full reset of the phone which made no difference and tested for a week with minimum apps installed. if you don't say that, they will likely get you to reset the phone and wait a week first then report back to them.

indeed amazing service. 2 years later to have a brand new phone, though 1 version of of date, is pretty amazing.

Associate
I reckon they have no stock of the 64GB Nexus 6P which is why people with that device are getting the Pixel XL as a replacement. I cancelled my 32GB replacement order, as I've decided to go for the new Pixel next week, and couldn't be bothered to faff about with the return of my current phone! Now I just hope the Pixel 2 XL is not a stupid price :rolleyes:

Soldato
[/QUOTE]
I reckon they have no stock of the 64GB Nexus 6P which is why people with that device are getting the Pixel XL as a replacement. I cancelled my 32GB replacement order, as I've decided to go for the new Pixel next week, and couldn't be bothered to faff about with the return of my current phone! Now I just hope the Pixel 2 XL is not a stupid price :rolleyes:
Why cancel a free phone which you could sell on to fund the new handset?

All you do is stick your old phone in a jiffy bag and post it with the prepaid labels.

Wow, just got off the phone and they are sending me a new Pixel XL 32Gb to replace my 64Gb 6P.

Happy with that!

Exactly same as me, 64Gb for 32Gb Pixel XL. I don't use more than 26GB as it is so its fine for me but it did make me check my storage before accepting.

Last edited:
Associate
Why cancel a free phone which you could sell on to fund the new handset?

All you do is stick your old phone in a jiffy bag and post it with the prepaid labels.

To be honest, my 6P is in mint condition so could still sell that to fund the new phone. But I'll probably keep it as a back up, just in case of any issues in the future. My battery still lasts over a day before needing a charge, and with infrequent use, I can't really complain about that!

Last edited:
Soldato
Oreo issues cropping up for me, for instance when I click day a BBC breaking news notification, nothing happens. Then sometimes up to 10 mins later when I'm doing something else, boom BBC news will pop up!

Soldato
What did you get? 6p or pixel xl as replacement?
Sorry, only just picked it up.

Got a Pixel XL 32GB, even though the order said 6P, for my 6P 64GB. Bit of a bitter sweet upgrade as i'll have to delete some blue videos now but otherwise I'm pretty happy

They put a hold on the card for the value until they receive my phone, which ill return when i receive theirs. Excellent service considering i bought the phone on the 28th of Oct 2015!

Yep, similar time I bought mine.

Soldato
Desperately need to upgrade my Nexus 6P, battery shuts off at 30-40% and it's infuriating. No decent options though, eyeing up the oneplus 5..

Back
Top Bottom