**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Caporegime
I should finally be switching over to my Note 8* today and Very have applied my discount code so phone cost + 24 months of 3 (unlimited minutes/30GB) should now be £935 (when you include cash back and selling the Dex) :D.

*It's a little hard letting go of my Note 4 despite have the 8 for several days now :o:p

How's the change from the note 4? I have a 4 and am trying hard to talk myself out of an upgrade.

Caporegime
OP
It's a tough, only because the Note 4 is still a very capable phone and will be for a while yet. However I am glad I switched, this phone oozes class. I can't stop admiring it. I still haven't really put it through its paces yet but off to Hamburg tomorrow so that should give me a good chance to test the camera. The battery life seems good to me for the most part; currently on 86% with 1hr7min SoT (mostly watching Better Call Saul).

Soldato
How's the change from the note 4? I have a 4 and am trying hard to talk myself out of an upgrade.

I really liked my Note 4, but the 8 is in a different league IMO.
Screen is excellent, performance is lightening quick & battery life very good. I got 63+ hours out of my last charge, with 6+ hours screen time

Camera is so good that when I was on holiday last week I used the phone to take pictures instead of my Nikon D3100

Expensive but if it lasts me 3 years like my Note 4 did it will be worth it.

Soldato
I really liked my Note 4, but the 8 is in a different league IMO.
Screen is excellent, performance is lightening quick & battery life very good. I got 63+ hours out of my last charge, with 6+ hours screen time

Camera is so good that when I was on holiday last week I used the phone to take pictures instead of my Nikon D3100

Expensive but if it lasts me 3 years like my Note 4 did it will be worth it.

Ay, I won't be able to have a phone without a zoom lens again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice, I keep toying with ordering one myself. How much was it?
There £119 from Samsung http://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/gear-vr-r325/

I bought mine from amazon uk because I get VAT taken off and I don't think Samsung ships to the channel islands...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Gear-SM-R325-Controller-Orchid/dp/B074WCN5C5/ref=sr_1_7?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1507313601&sr=8-7&keywords=samsung++vr&refinements=p_76:419158031

If you do buy one make sure it the latest SM-R325 version which is needed for the note 8

Soldato
Anyone else got the leaking light issue with their note 8 ? Noticed it in bed the other night inbetween the bezel and the screen there's a small leak of light, like a very fine line, can see it moving when scrolling too .. I've emailed Samsung just waiting for a response now :( ...

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom