*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Soldato
For the lighter tasks I have I thing for the 12" G4 PowerBook. This is my... 6th one.

I use it probably as much as I do my quad i7/16GB/twin HDD/1080p display main machine. Absolutely all of my writing is done in Word '04 on the absolutely luscious keyboard.

I have never used a laptop with a better keyboard, ever. The love started back in '03 when I bought a brand new 867Mhz machine and was smitten with it instantly, so was the person who broke into the family home apparently. It was replaced with another 867 that was used through the end of high school and into Uni, where half way through the school term it rained while I had the roof down on my car. That 867Mhz machine was replaced by a 1GHZ which was used until I got a great deal on trading up to a 1.5Ghz machine. The 1.5Ghz had a faulty logic board (VRAM) so I bought another 1.33Ghz parts machine to resurrect it, but they weren't compatible, so the 1.33Ghz machine ended up getting the HDD/RAM/Airport etc from the 1.5Ghz machine. I sold that in 2012 or so, lived with the HP I have now for 3 or so years until I just had to have another one. Another 1.33 this time.

I tried to buy an Air at the time, but I just... couldn't. The 12" PowerBook G4 is, in my eyes, the greatest laptop ever built, ever.

Cool, good to see a post on the practical merits rather than how shiny and new it is.

Permabanned
For the lighter tasks I have I thing for the 12" G4 PowerBook. This is my... 6th one.

uSfBnju.jpg
7fb0Ysv.jpg
3JEgm3n.jpg

I use it probably as much as I do my quad i7/16GB/twin HDD/1080p display main machine. Absolutely all of my writing is done in Word '04 on the absolutely luscious keyboard.

I have never used a laptop with a better keyboard, ever. The love started back in '03 when I bought a brand new 867Mhz machine and was smitten with it instantly, so was the person who broke into the family home apparently. It was replaced with another 867 that was used through the end of high school and into Uni, where half way through the school term it rained while I had the roof down on my car. That 867Mhz machine was replaced by a 1GHZ which was used until I got a great deal on trading up to a 1.5Ghz machine. The 1.5Ghz had a faulty logic board (VRAM) so I bought another 1.33Ghz parts machine to resurrect it, but they weren't compatible, so the 1.33Ghz machine ended up getting the HDD/RAM/Airport etc from the 1.5Ghz machine. I sold that in 2012 or so, lived with the HP I have now for 3 or so years until I just had to have another one. Another 1.33 this time.

I tried to buy an Air at the time, but I just... couldn't. The 12" PowerBook G4 is, in my eyes, the greatest laptop ever built, ever.

I like going out for rides on my horse.

Soldato
I find it entertaining how everyone is showing off their iPhone 8 but from the front which is the same as the 6/6s/7! I want to see the back!

Here are some shots of the back of my iPhone 8+. :)

KBTY7705.jpg

EEFZ2209.jpg

WDXT6307.jpg

Soldato
Not all of it. 2017 13" MBP, 5k iMac, 2017 rMBP, couple of phones, and there's a 10.5" iPad in there somewhere. Desperate need to spend an afternoon sorting the cabling.

NeedABiggerDesk.jpg

Caporegime

uSfBnju.jpg
7fb0Ysv.jpg
3JEgm3n.jpg

Nice to see people still using older/legacy/vintage hardware. I’ve slowly been reviving my vintage PC hardware and got to the point where I’ve now wanted to get hold of some older Apple kit (mainly stuff I should never have sold in the first place!). To that end I’ve just got hold of a pretty mint condition G4 Cube, picked up a 1st gen Mac Mini, and bagged a 23” Cinema Display (First Aluminium ones) for a whopping £25.

Always loved the design of the G4 PowerBook, might have to look into getting one.

Soldato
512Gb SSD. I've a few of those SanDisk Extreme 960's kicking about so didn't need anything bigger. I get about 800Mb from those - not as fast as the internal ones but they're still not shabby.

Caporegime
Really would like to pick up an iMac again. Although for me it makes more sense to spend less money on a pair of epic monitors for more screen estate and then I can keep that and upgrade laptops over time.

But I miss my iMac.

God dammit.

Back
Top Bottom