• Space Grey 256GB

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • I want one but it's too expensive

Votes: 125 23.5%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 190 35.7%

• Total voters
Associate
You can call the store and they will keep it for you even through the weekend. At least this is how it was with mine 7, last year in Leeds store. They are willing to do it to reduce traffic in the shop on day one.

Soldato
Normally all uncollected stock goes back into the system at the end of the day and becomes available to preorder again at 8am or whatever the new stock release time is every morning.

Soldato
My prediction regarding FaceID is that once the “omg FaceID, omg muh privacy! Omg the cops can make me unlock my phone without my consent! lol Android has had this for years” factually anemic trolling has died down, the reaction to it will turn to:

0_F5_D7_D84-4_A08-4789-_B59_C-_A266331_D2224.jpg

Caporegime
I am sure FaceID works but I can see places where it would be awkward.

i.e. my local deli where the contactless machine is about shoulder height, so it would be difficult to unlock the phone to pay with Apple ID at that angle..

or I have the phone on my desk, I can unlock with my finger without moving my body.

FaceID will work but it will change the way we do things.

Associate

i.e. my local deli where the contactless machine is about shoulder height, so it would be difficult to unlock the phone to pay with Apple ID at that angle..

or I have the phone on my desk, I can unlock with my finger without moving my body.

Except that's not how Apple Pay will work with Face ID, I was concerned about that at first but it in fact it's supposed to work more like the Apple watch, you will double press the side button to bring the Apple Pay screen up then if it see's your face it will authorise it and then you place the phone to the terminal and done, so it doesn't matter where the NFC terminal is.

Soldato

Just use the superior Apple Watch for Apple Pay, using it on the phone feels clunky in comparison.

Caporegime
Just use the superior Apple Watch for Apple Pay, using it on the phone feels clunky in comparison.

I feel like spending £350 for 1 feature is just a bit excessive, not to mention if i am doing that, i want the cellular version and I am not going to switch network providing AND pay extra monthly cost on top…..

It will end up costing about £500 for the first year just to use this...

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

£999 is an insane amount of money for a phone. However... I'm now on a 2 year old 6S (non plus), so my choices are:

- Stick with the 6S for another year -- I've never had an iPhone for 3 years. Not impossible, but I know I'm going to read those iPhone X reviews and am going to want one.
- Go with a 7 or 8? Again, it's still quite a lot of money for essentially the same (bit faster, bit better camera), and I know I'm going to read those iPhone X reviews and am going to want one.
- Get an X.

None of these are fantastic choices. This is what makes me sad about Apple in 2017, that they've chosen to go down a very different path, and I'm no longer 100% happy following them down it. Such is life I guess.

Associate
£999 is an insane amount of money for a phone. However... I'm now on a 2 year old 6S (non plus), so my choices are:

- Stick with the 6S for another year -- I've never had an iPhone for 3 years. Not impossible, but I know I'm going to read those iPhone X reviews and am going to want one.
- Go with a 7 or 8? Again, it's still quite a lot of money for essentially the same (bit faster, bit better camera), and I know I'm going to read those iPhone X reviews and am going to want one.
- Get an X.

I'm still using my launch day 6 on a sim only plan. I still don't see any reason to replace it. I'll just keep my money.

Soldato
I was all set to order one on friday but today I seem to be having 2nd though.. Is it really worth it money since I am happy with the 7 Plus I've got.. But then again I have been waiting for a edge screen phone but it not like the Samsung at all.. I don't like Android so no I can't get a samsung or the pixel XL 2 Plus..

The X looks cool but it not edge screen thou.. But is it really worth the upgrade or should I hang fire for the next one.. I better decide before friday

Soldato
I was all set to order one on friday but today I seem to be having 2nd though.. Is it really worth it money since I am happy with the 7 Plus I've got.. But then again I have been waiting for a edge screen phone but it not like the Samsung at all.. I don't like Android so no I can't get a samsung or the pixel XL 2 Plus..

The X looks cool but it not edge screen thou.. But is it really worth the upgrade or should I hang fire for the next one.. I better decide before friday

I’ll be selling my iPhone 7 on the MM so at least it’ll pay towards some of cost, if i keep telling myself that i can justify the extra outlay lol

Back
Top Bottom