Overwatch

Soldato
I should probably add to this.... the triple dps I was grouped with sucked. If you have triple dps that can play dps then they will melt most other teams as you can focus the other teams support heros and then you win the fight.
Don't think there is a lot you can do if they all suck with dps apart from take dps next round or sometimes if I'm in a game on attack and my team mates are clearly not doing enough damage I will just switch to junkrat mid game even if we already have plenty of people playing dps.

Soldato
Got to mid Diamond on OW as DVA have now quit and am happier, more organised playing other games.

Repetitive game with no real point

Soldato
Got to mid Diamond on OW as DVA have now quit and am happier, more organised playing other games.

Repetitive game with no real point

Every game is repetitive and has no real point unless your being payed to play.

Games are to be enjoyed and are for fun. That is their point.

Soldato
Right, and judging from his comment it wasn't enjoyable or fun - "have now quit and am happier"

Gotta say I agree... it's kinda difficult to see while you're playing it all the time but as soon as you take a little break and play some other games you suddenly realise how little you were enjoying it and how good games can actually be again

Soldato
Right, and judging from his comment it wasn't enjoyable or fun - "have now quit and am happier"

Gotta say I agree... it's kinda difficult to see while you're playing it all the time but as soon as you take a little break and play some other games you suddenly realise how little you were enjoying it and how good games can actually be again

Yeah, I've found this with a lot of games like overwatch. I play them daily and when I finally drag myself away and play something else I have a lot more fun, I think I almost keep playing out of laziness. I'm fairly tired after a days work and it just seems easier to load up overwatch, I don't need to concentrate as much as if I'm playing a new game, concentrating on how to play or the story or whatever. Not sure if that makes any sense, its hard to explain. I've had the same in the past with TF2, and CSS amongst others. Probably should stop playing this for a while.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
It is best to not get hung up about results and SR. I play a couple of times a week, rather than every day, and I don't get stressed if I win or lose... I'm still enjoying the game!

Associate
Used to play quite a lot, now people just instalock Widow and Hanzo in every lobby I play and throw, put me off playing for several months.

Hop back on during Halloween for the event and to see if things have changed... Boy was I wrong.

Associate
Managed to gain in this seasons placements & quite enjoyed the games. 7 wins 2 draws 1 lost, gain of 130ish SR.

I've found competitive more enjoyable than QP as late, the casual widow, hanzo, Junkrat combos really annoys me. Always have to fill in & attack so they sit back & not take the point.
Another that I enjoyed but loathe is mystery hero's, I only play it because the other arcade games are rubbish ATM.

Bring back Lucio ball, loved that lol

Soldato
I been playing a lot this last week and I think the game is better than ever with these mercy changes, so much better paced now if someone messes up or gets caught by surprise it doesn't ruin the round.

Got my self a new pc and new control pad so hoping I can get into diamond, I did get to diamond once before but it was only briefly. I think the last 3 seasons I been finishing around 2600. The new control pad I got is the razer wildcat and it is big improvement over the standard wired xbox 360 pads I was using previously and I'm finding it much easier to play, also the new pc is pushing out more frames so should be getting less input lag which should help a bit.

Had some issues with my last card crashing and got a couple more crashes on my new card until I got the right driver so was at around 2300 last week but now got my self all the way up to 2844. So not far to go for my illusive diamond but matches are getting harder the enemies aim is clearly getting better.

Soldato
Enemies aim is better cause they use a mouse and keyboard lol

lol I didn't mean they aim better than me now that would never happen.
(I only joking I can't aim on either mouse or pad)

What I was saying is now I'm at 2850 they aim a lot better than at the lower ranks. Lots of genji's that can kill you in a couple of hits and snipers that one shot everytime. I don't think 2850 used to be this hard a few seasons back, now you really have to be grouped at all times.

Soldato
I'm impressed that you are at that SR level using a controller!!!

Overwatch aint that bad on pad really most characters like lucio,zen,torb etc you just get the crosshair head height and spam shoot and let them walk into it.

I can't play any of the ones that require fast accurate aiming like widow,soldier,mcree,reaper,hanzo,dva,orisa,phara. I don't ever even try to play these.

The easy ones are monkey,sym,mercy,rein,junk.

The new pad options are much better than they used to be on the game, now you set it to aim smoothing 0 then aim ease in around 50 and then sensitivity where you feel comfortable mine is at 25/25.

Soldato
Almost Diamond I'm at 2994 been up and down so much last couple of days got to 2960 then back to 2700.

Hopefully I can get it done this time.

Edit: Got my diamond im happy

Last edited:
Soldato
Almost Diamond I'm at 2994 been up and down so much last couple of days got to 2960 then back to 2700.

Hopefully I can get it done this time.

Edit: Got my diamond im happy

I was going to say if you don't get it by the end of today, wait until at least Monday before continuing your quest... I don't think comp will be much fun with lots of new players - whilst they may be good and technical with heroes, game sense is key which only develops over time.

Associate
The free weekends are great but I doubt we will play with any noobs due the nature of the matchmaking system. The last one that came about I didn't see many new player, only in arcade & against AI.
Shame really, loved farming new players in BF4 :)

Soldato
Mercy nerf
Ana buff

Bit sad about the mercy nerf hopefully it isn't too much I really enjoyed dashing across screen resing people and dashing away even if it was totally op. At least she still has her ult unchanged I love it now.

Back
Top Bottom