Xbox One X

Soldato
Homefront the revolution has been transformed after the x enhanced update it runs and look the part now.

Its on the store for £10 so i thought i would give it a shot.

Soldato
I swear my TV wasn't HDR when I purchased it this time last year (Phillips 55PUS6401), but plugged my X in last night and was pleasantly surprised to see the HDR message pop up.

After a bit of Googling, turns out it's full fat 10-bit and looks absolutely incredible. Happy days!

Last edited:
Soldato
I swear my TV wasn't HDR when I purchased it this time last year (Phillips 55PUS6401), but plugged my X in last night and was pleasantly to see the HDR message pop up.

After a bit of Googling, turns out it's full fat 10-bit and looks absolutely incredible. Happy days!
I saw that video fidelity setting but wasn't sure what it would do so left it on its default! Is it worth changing then? Think it was on 8bit I can't recall

Caporegime
Homefront the revolution has been transformed after the x enhanced update it runs and look the part now.

Its on the store for £10 so i thought i would give it a shot.

I bought that on the cheap a while ago, really enjoyed it, seemed to fly a bit under the radar.

Might go back to check out the X enhancements.

Soldato
I saw that video fidelity setting but wasn't sure what it would do so left it on its default! Is it worth changing then? Think it was on 8bit I can't recall

I didn't see any option, mines been set to Game mode since I had it but now all the modes names have "HDR" after them.

It must be a software update so try running that on the TV.

Soldato
I get to open my Xbox X tomorrow for my birthday but can anyone recommend a external 2TB hard drive for me. A bloke at work says don't bother with the branded seagate one the green Xbox one that is, he says get the plain version tenner cheaper, but I can't find.

I have the seagate expansion 2tb, Argos stock it.

Soldato
Might have to have to jig my hard drives around soon I think. Ages ago I got a 2TB Seagate USB which I cracked open and popped into my PS4 Pro. I since took the newly-spare 1TB drive that came with the Pro and put it into the enclosure that the 2TB came in and I've got that hooked up to the X. That way both the consoles have 2TB, but I the X is eating the space up at a higher rate for sure.

Soldato
Excellent, this is a guaranteed buy, was looking to get this at some point and did want to veer more onto digital only content.

Same here, trying to go digital more now, when you see the price drop on some of these games like AC O and Wolfenstein 2 it makes me wonder what the point of buying on release, Im going to try and hold off on all new releases from now on and just wait for sales or price drops on them, especially when I want to go all digital.
The only time I will buy release day is if its a special game like a new GTA or RDR 2 for example.

Associate
Same here, trying to go digital more now, when you see the price drop on some of these games like AC O and Wolfenstein 2 it makes me wonder what the point of buying on release, Im going to try and hold off on all new releases from now on and just wait for sales or price drops on them, especially when I want to go all digital.
The only time I will buy release day is if its a special game like a new GTA or RDR 2 for example.
I have a rule on PC, don't buy until it's £5... and most of the time I stick to that lol. After the initial hype of the release you find rarely people talk about the game so it gets easier to wait it out

Soldato
I swear my TV wasn't HDR when I purchased it this time last year (Phillips 55PUS6401), but plugged my X in last night and was pleasantly surprised to see the HDR message pop up.

Seriously? I have that exact same model in 55" and 43". These TVs just updated to android nougat a few weeks ago. Awesome stuff. I've got my one x set up as 12 bit, suppose I should set it to 10-bit...

Soldato
Seriously? I have that exact same model in 55" and 43". These TVs just updated to android nougat a few weeks ago. Awesome stuff. I've got my one x set up as 12 bit, suppose I should set it to 10-bit...

It'll be the TV firmware I'd have thought but I wasn't even aware it had a HDR compatible panel. It does only hit a peak of 350 nits which isn't the brightest when it comes to HDR, but honestly it looks great.

Back
Top Bottom