***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Speaking of Fogstar, I'm currently using their own wrap 3000mAh/20A batteries in my Tesla Wye (which is amazing!) and they're bloody good! Lasting absolutely ages. If memory serves I believe they are LG HG2's (brown wrap)

Brilliant delivery from them too, ordered them last Friday at around 3:30 and they were shipped out by 4pm so I got them Saturday morning.

Soldato
Just got a VooPoo Drag Resin 157W mod and am absolutely loving it. So much better than my old ancient Smok Alien 220W mod. You can tell that when you press the fire button it instantly starts producing vapour where as the Alien you had to wait for a second or so before anything really happened. Plus it looks awesome.

Caporegime
Just got a VooPoo Drag Resin 157W mod and am absolutely loving it. So much better than my old ancient Smok Alien 220W mod. You can tell that when you press the fire button it instantly starts producing vapour where as the Alien you had to wait for a second or so before anything really happened. Plus it looks awesome.
I was about buy one but the overhang from a 24-25mm atty would absolutely do my head in.

In the end went with the new smok majesty black carbon fibre mod. Should ship by end of today as it’s been on pre order but got an email today saying mine will be shipped out later today. Been waiting a few weeks now.

Soldato
I was about buy one but the overhang from a 24-25mm atty would absolutely do my head in.

In the end went with the new smok majesty black carbon fibre mod. Should ship by end of today as it’s been on pre order but got an email today saying mine will be shipped out later today. Been waiting a few weeks now.

A little overhang doesn't really bother me. Anyway my current tank seems to fit perfectly.

I've got an Augvape Boreas V2 on order as well. It was shipped this morning so should be here Monday or Tuesday. Looking forward to giving that a go next week. Got some pre-made coils to start off with so I have a little time practicing making my own coils.

Soldato
A little overhang doesn't really bother me. Anyway my current tank seems to fit perfectly.

I've got an Augvape Boreas V2 on order as well. It was shipped this morning so should be here Monday or Tuesday. Looking forward to giving that a go next week. Got some pre-made coils to start off with so I have a little time practicing making my own coils.

My boreas V2 should be here today!

Soldato
Guys how long should a 18650 battery last I mean in use, charge and discharge ? Is a year about right before they play up I have a pair that were used for about a year and my damn mod discharged them instead of charged them and has done this before but I noticed and stopped the charge and reinserted the USB cable to charge again and all worked well again.

Yesterday I guess the USB charge cable didn't sit right in the mod again and instead of charging them discharged them again but this time I didn't notice and today I have one of the batteries sat at 2v and the other at under 1v... are they toast ? Or would a quality battery charger bring them back to life ?

From what I understand they should not drop below 3.5-3.6v and if they do they are basically toast unless you do extreme measures to get them to charge again in a safe manner. They were charged no more than 350-400 times and I doubt even that.

Soldato
Bin them (properly I might add!) Grab a pair of vtc6/30q/hg2 from fogstar and buy a proper external charger :)

For what it's worth cells can be recovered from over discharge, though you'll never know what damage has been done or even if they're safe.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
As above @Purgatory. Bin them safely though, take them to a recycling place if possible.

E: Get yourself a dedicated charger too. Opus BT-C3100 or an Xtar perhaps.

Soldato
Wondering if anyone can help/advise, I've got a Aspire zelos with Neptune 2 tank with 0.7 coils, that I also use smok pen tanks with (ok ok they are cheap!) that uses 0.3 coils. I tend to get 70/30 mixtures @3mg made by either Riot squad or Pukka Blaze (I could cane that stuff all day!)
Anyhow, I seem to be burning through coils rather quick or getting a lot of dry burns suggesting the juice isn't right for these sub ohm coils? I've tried keeping watts <20 or >30 but yet to see a difference in consistency and also running in temp mode for the smok tank but with this the zelos has no limit on the watt meaning if its not wicked quite right you get a lung full of burning fire....
so can anyone suggest some decent settings to run at? or a tank that will work with the Zelos bearing in mind it only goes to 50w or as its Christmas maybe suggest a good replacement unit/tank that will work well with the 70/30 mixes with off the shelf coils, I don't really fancy making my own :)
Its really frustrating, when the smok works its works really well but its by far the most infuriating to!
cheers

Soldato
Thanks guys, yes I will get them binned and taken to the vape shop as they dispose of them in a safe manner and grab some new ones. I also need some silicone rubber rings (gaskets) for my atomisers. Is there an easy place in UK to get them from ? Some expanded to double there size after washing them and of course nothing fits anymore, so used the spares that come with them but now need more spares if the problem happens again.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Wondering if anyone can help/advise, I've got a Aspire zelos with Neptune 2 tank with 0.7 coils, that I also use smok pen tanks with (ok ok they are cheap!) that uses 0.3 coils. I tend to get 70/30 mixtures @3mg made by either Riot squad or Pukka Blaze (I could cane that stuff all day!)
Anyhow, I seem to be burning through coils rather quick or getting a lot of dry burns suggesting the juice isn't right for these sub ohm coils? I've tried keeping watts <20 or >30 but yet to see a difference in consistency and also running in temp mode for the smok tank but with this the zelos has no limit on the watt meaning if its not wicked quite right you get a lung full of burning fire....
so can anyone suggest some decent settings to run at? or a tank that will work with the Zelos bearing in mind it only goes to 50w or as its Christmas maybe suggest a good replacement unit/tank that will work well with the 70/30 mixes with off the shelf coils, I don't really fancy making my own :)
Its really frustrating, when the smok works its works really well but its by far the most infuriating to!
cheers

Try a thinner liquid like 50/50. The Nautilus 2 tank doesn't wick particularly well, especially with a high VG liquid.

It could also be the juice you are using. Sweetener in the juice can gunk up your coils something rotten which can lead to dry hits and/or the coils burning out quicker than usual.

Associate
Guys how long should a 18650 battery last I mean in use, charge and discharge ? Is a year about right before they play up I have a pair that were used for about a year and my damn mod discharged them instead of charged them and has done this before but I noticed and stopped the charge and reinserted the USB cable to charge again and all worked well again.

Yesterday I guess the USB charge cable didn't sit right in the mod again and instead of charging them discharged them again but this time I didn't notice and today I have one of the batteries sat at 2v and the other at under 1v... are they toast ? Or would a quality battery charger bring them back to life ?

From what I understand they should not drop below 3.5-3.6v and if they do they are basically toast unless you do extreme measures to get them to charge again in a safe manner. They were charged no more than 350-400 times and I doubt even that.
Xtar chargers (probably some other brands too) can revive over-discharged batteries.
I've had to do it a couple of times after using crappy mods.

I'm currently using a 25r that i had to revive a few weeks ago on the Xtar dragon

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Picked up a Vivakita Frogman the other week to replace the Nautilus II tanks, which were a pain to fill up, they either got stuck or unscrewed the entire tank :( plus they leaked a fair bit!
https://vivakita.com/catalogue/frogman-tank_31/ great burn, though I have to crank up the wattage to at least 60w compared to the 20w on the Nautilus. Great thing with the Frogman is that it has a half turn lid that comes off easy enough but stays secure in your pocket :)

highly recommend it

Associate
Anyone using or used the Mesh RDA?
Big recommendations for the Arco 2 by HorizonTech, amazing flavour and great cloud. Got it from my local store after big recommendations by my friend in the shop, watched reviews online and looked amazing, I love it.

Looking for an RDA, some good cotton and good coils to put on it, I prefer a nice balance between smoothness, flavour and cloud which is why I went for the Arco but I want something to fiddle on with a bit :p Will be going on an iJoy Genie mod

Associate
Anyone using or used the Mesh RDA?
Big recommendations for the Arco 2 by HorizonTech, amazing flavour and great cloud. Got it from my local store after big recommendations by my friend in the shop, watched reviews online and looked amazing, I love it.

Looking for an RDA, some good cotton and good coils to put on it, I prefer a nice balance between smoothness, flavour and cloud which is why I went for the Arco but I want something to fiddle on with a bit :p Will be going on an iJoy Genie mod

I've got the Arco 2 and think it's a great tank. I've had my current coil in 5 days and it's all I have used and the flavour is still good. Only thing is the coils are not easy to find over in the UK. I know fastech do them but there's a 7 day wait before they ship :(

Back
Top Bottom