Carabao Cup Final Arsenal v Mancester City ** Spoilers ** [25th February 2018]

Soldato
Admittedly I've only just turned this on (and seem two goals!) but based on 10 minutes arsenal are a disgrace. Should have just stayed at home and sent a note handing them the trophy.

Caporegime
After years of zero change with Arsenal I gave up and wanted him out and had probably at least the last 6 years being called a Spurs supporter because I want Wenger gone and if Arsenal lose I don't care about it... funny how many have the same view now. Also strange that so many gave him so long, nothing about our football has changed in a decade, how has it taken a decade for people to finally give up. CL means not much if you aren't competing to win it, just money and giving bad players more money to lose in the round of 16 did nothing for me. The rot at Arsenal has been there forever.

How did Welbeck get bought, awful player, 100k a week for a guy who is completely rubbish? How did we give Ozil 350k a week to stay.... Sanchez was effective but we shouldn't have given him 350k a week (let alone more) either, his transfer will bite Utd in the behind for years which is great and City were fantastic for realising he wasn't worth it and giving up.

Ozil is the very guy who almost never turns up in these games, if he were Ronaldo or another player who deserves 350k a week he'd be the guy driving the team forward and playing his best, not disappearing. He had a chance to shoot and passed it to an offside Auba, he's always been scared to shoot, scared to put his foot in, scared to go for 50/50. He's utterly passive and only plays well when opposition allows him. He's everything that's wrong with Wenger/Arsenal now, he's a player whose play can be nice on the eye AT TIMES but he's not good enough under pressure or when it really matters. ~2000 Wenger would have sold him for as much as he could get and brought in a winner, ~2006-current day Wenger keeps these players and gets rid of anyone who shows real fight, anger, passion and hunger. Wilshere has been the only genuinely decent performer in the past two months(ignoring the past two performances where the whole team was dire) and yet it was last year Wenger was pushing him out on loan and didn't want to renew his contract.

I think Wenger doesn't like that WIlshere has bite in his play, given the current squad any other manager would be trying to get him to stay long term above any other player in the team yet Wenger is offering him a pay cut while giving Ozil 350k a week.

This performance is just modern Arsenal all over, Wenger badly needs to go, so does half the squad. Giving Ozil 350k a week absolutely destroys the next manager, every half decent player who comes in now will want pay parity with Ozil rather than say Ramsey. 350k a week is something no one will come close to matching so I'll be shocked if he's not here for the full 3 years and hurting the team till that contract is up.

Don
Yes you are (again)

I’ve never given up on Wenger to go.

But it won’t happen till the summer.

Today’s result hopefully seals the deal.
:confused:

You went from wanting Arsenal to lose because it'll mean Wenger getting sacked to then wanting Arsenal to win because you accepted that he won't go until the summer and now back to wanting them to lose again to get him the sack. I admire you - when Arsenal lose you're happy and when they win you're happy too, you literally can't lose. It is incredibly confusing though.

Arsenal Fan TV is going to fun this evening. :p
Robbie could buy himself a new car from today's ad views alone.

Man of Honour
Wilshere is such a **** but at least he has some fight in him, no one steps up when the tide is against us.

In other news Debuchy and Sanogo both scored this weekend :D

Back
Top Bottom