Carabao Cup Final Arsenal v Mancester City ** Spoilers ** [25th February 2018]

Caporegime
God I hate Wilshire!! Some say he's the only arsenal player who shows any fight. Nope. He's just a ****!

I mean, Jesus was being a ****, he took the free kick and then Jesus got in his face for absolutely nothing so he pushed him away. He's over reacted and been a **** at times, but he did nothing wrong there. Jesus was being the ****.

Associate
I mean, Jesus was being a ****, he took the free kick and then Jesus got in his face for absolutely nothing so he pushed him away. He's over reacted and been a **** at times, but he did nothing wrong there. Jesus was being the ****.
Wilshire kicked him. He kicked the ball and followed through kicking him in the shin a bit. Not hard mind. Just Wilshire being a knob.

Don
Pep's entourage is phenomenal, I've never seen so many coaches on the bench than City have. A gang fight between Pep & Co vs Mourinho & his goons would be interesting. Pep's got the numbers but you Mourinho's lot would definitely fight dirty.

Caporegime
I’m loving the epic meltdowns on the internet from Arsenal supporters lol.

It really is epically awesome.

As an arsenal supporter I should be seething with rage but I haven’t got the energy to even get a little angry.
I just don’t give a flying **** anymore if we win or lose.

Wenger just needs to go now, well tbf he should have gone years ago.

Until he does I just couldn’t give a toss anymore.

I look forward to seeing AC Milan kicking us out of the Eulolpa league.

Associate
Xhaka was his usual dire self, Ozil completely anonymous and the defending absolutely dire.

It was always going to be difficult to beat City, but when you give them soft goals like that too...

We're just lucky it was only 3

Soldato
Jesus reacted to Wilshere kicking him on the follow through.

Wilshere is a thoroughly nasty piece of work. I don’t blame Wenger for wanting him out. He has little man syndrome and is full of bitterness and bile.

Soldato
After years of zero change with Arsenal I gave up and wanted him out and had probably at least the last 6 years being called a Spurs supporter because I want Wenger gone and if Arsenal lose I don't care about it... funny how many have the same view now. Also strange that so many gave him so long, nothing about our football has changed in a decade, how has it taken a decade for people to finally give up. CL means not much if you aren't competing to win it, just money and giving bad players more money to lose in the round of 16 did nothing for me. The rot at Arsenal has been there forever.

How did Welbeck get bought, awful player, 100k a week for a guy who is completely rubbish? How did we give Ozil 350k a week to stay.... Sanchez was effective but we shouldn't have given him 350k a week (let alone more) either, his transfer will bite Utd in the behind for years which is great and City were fantastic for realising he wasn't worth it and giving up.

Ozil is the very guy who almost never turns up in these games, if he were Ronaldo or another player who deserves 350k a week he'd be the guy driving the team forward and playing his best, not disappearing. He had a chance to shoot and passed it to an offside Auba, he's always been scared to shoot, scared to put his foot in, scared to go for 50/50. He's utterly passive and only plays well when opposition allows him. He's everything that's wrong with Wenger/Arsenal now, he's a player whose play can be nice on the eye AT TIMES but he's not good enough under pressure or when it really matters. ~2000 Wenger would have sold him for as much as he could get and brought in a winner, ~2006-current day Wenger keeps these players and gets rid of anyone who shows real fight, anger, passion and hunger. Wilshere has been the only genuinely decent performer in the past two months(ignoring the past two performances where the whole team was dire) and yet it was last year Wenger was pushing him out on loan and didn't want to renew his contract.

I think Wenger doesn't like that WIlshere has bite in his play, given the current squad any other manager would be trying to get him to stay long term above any other player in the team yet Wenger is offering him a pay cut while giving Ozil 350k a week.

This performance is just modern Arsenal all over, Wenger badly needs to go, so does half the squad. Giving Ozil 350k a week absolutely destroys the next manager, every half decent player who comes in now will want pay parity with Ozil rather than say Ramsey. 350k a week is something no one will come close to matching so I'll be shocked if he's not here for the full 3 years and hurting the team till that contract is up.

Arsenal have still won more than you're beloved Spurs over the past few years.

Caporegime
Oh just to add it’s not just Wenger that needs to **** off, pretty much the whole team needs gutting out and replaced with players who want to actually play for the badge. Rather than the overrated idiots we currently have in the squad.

Permabanned
I watched the ice hockey Olympics 2018 tournament and the commentator said the intelligence of the ice hockey spectators is much higher than the intelligence of football spectators.

I can't get how it is possible to "attend" a Final and to leave in the most ugly way so many minutes before the final whistle and the Trophy lift up.
Football hooligans are idiots.

Soldato
I watched the ice hockey Olympics 2018 tournament and the commentator said the intelligence of the ice hockey spectators is much higher than the intelligence of football spectators.

I can't get how it is possible to "attend" a Final and to leave in the most ugly way so many minutes before the final whistle and the Trophy lift up.
Football hooligans are idiots.

What are you even saying?

Have you ever tried leaving Wembley at the final whistle? Its absolute hell. Football hooligans are idiots, correct....not all football fans are hooligans mind you.

Don
Do they all need to be on the bench though? I can't remember seeing another side with more coaching staff on the bench than players.

Associate
The funny thing is, if Arsenal had done a Wigan, somehow scrambled a 1-0, and won English footballs 4th prize, Wenger would have got yet another stay of execution from most supporters.

Permabanned
What are you even saying?

Have you ever tried leaving Wembley at the final whistle? Its absolute hell. Football hooligans are idiots, correct....not all football fans are hooligans mind you.

I saw yesterday's attendance was approximately 85,000.

If you can't get out of the stadium right after the final whistle, don't do it.

I am saying that you all should have stayed and paid tribute to the Winners! :D :D

Manchester City!!

Caporegime
There's getting beat then there's bending over without even a whimper. Arsenal were woeful which is why they're being rightly blasted.

I think Wilshere was the only player for Arsenal who looked like he was bothered, it was a really poor display from them.

Last edited:
Soldato
as a neutral it was a terrible game. It was all one way traffic. Arsenal played like a pub sunday league side who had clearly been out on a full saturday night bender until 3am. If I had paid for a ticket to watch that I'd be asking that idiot Gazedis for a refund

Back
Top Bottom