• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

Associate
I hope they fall soon. Got a Internal interview on Tuesday that if i am successful will give me £700 a month more take home pay so I will be eyeing up a new rig to replace my 4770k and R290x but I will not pay out stupid money for a video card.

I'm still sat on a 4700K @ 4.4GHz and a mildly clocked R290 and I think it's not a particularly great time to upgrade:

+ Ryzen has finally brought more cores at a reasonable price
+ High-end GPUs are genuinely a lot faster than our cards
- DDR4 prices are disgusting
- GPU prices are extremely high
- SSD prices are high

Soldato
So has DRAM shortage also been fixed?

No, but the huge demand from miners will cease and 2nd hand market will be flooded with cards and it will force prices down fast.

One retailer was doing 1070s for £369 yesterday, 1070ti for £419. Still high, but recently you couldnt find these cards for sub £500.

Associate
When I build my i7 6700k, of bundled 16gb of ram for free with the mb, at the time it was £80 that ram is now £160, is that the miners fault too?

Soldato
What we need is someone from OCuk to show an invoice for what they are actually paying for these cards.....But that wont happen as it'll prove they are price gouging.

Caporegime
the funny thing is retail there are cards about just be ready to pull the trigger on them when you see the prices.mining is in free fall.see many on here trying to get rid of gpus.

you see the reason why some prices are still high because not all look or realize.people harping on about 1080ti prices last week for eg 679 pound brand new.if you paying 1000 pound and not using brain it says it all.1070s have been even as recent as yesterday 369. loads of cards going to be on mm in next week also.im sure when you see the other retailers drop prices ocuk will follow suit . the thing is if you can sell a 1080ti at 1000 pound why would you sell it for 700 ? makes no sense. if people are paying it.cant blame em for that.

Permabanned
Well I have £700 sitting in a separate account waiting on the new cards, That is the absolute maximum I am willing to spend on a waterblocked card. and it will be my last card as I need to grow up sometime lol

Back
Top Bottom