• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices go boom

OcUK Staff
The price that would sky rocket sales sadly gibbo doesnt seem interested :(

I just had a look, and if £70 was token of the zotac 1080ti amp it would be sold. Prices are about £70-80 too high. I think vendors and retailers working together could fix that.

No we have no margin neither do AIB's. I've been asking to hit as low as £499 for 1080Ti for over a month, they simply say way below cost and selling at a loss for the vendor or retailer is not an option.
Vendors and retailers work together none stop, but end of the day it has to be realistic and profitable. Otherwise it simply does not happen, there are other regions where something can be profitable it will be sold there.

The absolute best is no doubt gonna be £599 for a blower and around £649 for a custom cooler, can't see it getting any better than this, if the UK does not take it, then another region will as the UK is one of the more fierce markets.

Caporegime
Is the cost of doing business really that much higher in the UK?

After all, the base cost of materials/R&D cost, etc, doesn't change depending on which region the cards are sold into.

So the only variance must be the cost of doing business here.

Either that or someone, somewhere has simply decided that "they can afford it", and hiked the price, like they do for the poor Ozzies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom