What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
Put my summer gloves on this morning for the first time since September, definitely took a bit of time to get used to all the armour again but after about ten minutes they were back to...fitting like a glove :o

Soldato
Cleaned them both :)

Bikesclean1.jpg

Had to refit the carb to filter boot on the 125 as there was a small area that might have been leaking air in.

Fitted new rear brake cable on the Z50a, ready for the MOT on Sat.
Z50a looks awesome. :)

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Fitted a new chain & sprockets snapping a rear brake caliper mounting bolt in the process, after a healthy dose of Plusgas A & a lot of faffing about with some mole grips i managed to persuade the damn thing out of the caliper mounting bracket, I swear Suzuki make their bolts out of cheese. :mad:

Man of Honour
Fitted a new chain & sprockets snapping a rear brake caliper mounting bolt in the process, after a healthy dose of Plusgas A & a lot of faffing about with some mole grips i managed to persuade the damn thing out of the caliper mounting bracket, I swear Suzuki make their bolts out of cheese. :mad:
They definitely do, that's why all of mine pretty much are now stainless or titanium.

Soldato
Rode it to work after what feels like a very long winter.
Gave it a clean last week weekend, scrubs ok OK for an 11 year old bike.

God, I miss my one :( Sadly, having all that power made me push the limits far too often, so I'd probably kill myself now - I'd certainly be killed by the wife if I turned up with another one.

Best bike I've ever owned, quick as a missile, great to chuck about, handled amazingly (even scraping the pegs), and great for long runs.

Now I ponce it up on a noisy Ducati :D

Associate
One thing that would be nice to be able to do is to through the gears without getting to silly speeds even before hitting 2nd gear.

Probably look into a sprocket and chain kit with lower ratio when they need replacing next.

Soldato
One thing that would be nice to be able to do is to through the gears without getting to silly speeds even before hitting 2nd gear.

Probably look into a sprocket and chain kit with lower ratio when they need replacing next.

Do it! I urge you - best mod I ever did to mine! Sadly after I had spent money on two different sets of cans, PC5, air filter etc etc etc - the sprocket was £15.

I don't recall exactly, as it's been al most 8 years since I killed mine (yikes!) - but I went 1 tooth down [or up - you will have to check] on the front - as that let me keep the original rear sprocket and chain; it also changed the stupid first gear from 110 indicated, down to 85 - though I also fitted a speedo healer after the sprocket, so I don't know what that 110 would have actually been (maybe in the range of 96-102?).

Anyway, it transforms the low speed use, so that you can happily use 3rd gear in 30 zones! Prior to that, mine was far too ON and OFF with throttle input.

I still have my digi gear indicator, speedo healer and PC5 (with plug in loom) in the loft - keep meaning to stick them on eBay, as they have been up there (and through house moves) since my bike was written off - that I have no idea if they still work; one would assume so. Trust me if you're interested, might be able to come to a deal where you can give them a try before you buy or something.

Soldato
Replaced the fork dust covers on Tuesday as one was really perished and rusty.

I tried to replace the covers on Monday, but the parts that arrived weren't very well made and didn't fit in the fork legs very well - coming off as soon as I applied any compression to the leg and stanchion.

However, I ordered the fork dust covers from an official supplier and they arrived within a day, so I managed to do the job a lot quicker the second time around :)

Next thing I need to do is to check why I'm getting hesitation and lumpiness at speeds above 40 mph in top gear and on a cold start. I'm going to isolate the problem to other gears first and certain rev ranges. I could be looking at a carburettor tuning problem, a spark/ignition problem or a fuelling issue. Hopefully it's not a mechanical problem, as the bike has only done 36,000 miles so far. It's been a while since I tuned carburettors and the ones on my bike look more complicated than the HS2 and HS4 carburettors I used to tune on my old Triumph Spitfires! Also, at least one of my carburettor intakes appear to be hard, brittle and cracking, so perhaps that's part of the problem, I need to see the extent of it with the tank taken off.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Wait till you get titanium sliders :D

Image118.jpg

Another thing, re-position your slider, you want it to grind equally e.g.
IMG_20170409_210351_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom