The Manwich (WC, ITX scratch build)

Associate
OP
A bit of delay before I can finish this as Easter is busy and I've had some continuing struggles fitting the displa connection in. Why the hell are displayport plugs so long?

Associate
OP
Back from holiday and I've finally fudged the VGa connection. Turns out I needed a DisplayPort U-bend:

Some additional cable-cramming was then required (cable management would be too grand a term :) ) but it's now re-assembled. NMext step it to order the tempered glass and remaining panels.

Soldato
Those bends look like you just tried it by hand without a tool? Two things which help, heat the tube and use a proper pipe bender for a smooth bend.

Soft or not that will happen without it, or a bending spring may be work on less tight bends.

Associate
OP
Those bends look like you just tried it by hand without a tool? Two things which help, heat the tube and use a proper pipe bender for a smooth bend.

Soft or not that will happen without it, or a bending spring may be work on less tight bends.
Those were made with a pipe bender. I've done 2 loops using soft copper tubing before and was able to make nice 90 degree bends without issue using the same tools This stuff behaved exactly like the hard copper I once bought by accident.

Soldato
Those were made with a pipe bender. I've done 2 loops using soft copper tubing before and was able to make nice 90 degree bends without issue using the same tools This stuff behaved exactly like the hard copper I once bought by accident.

Wow, in that case it’s some pretty crap pipe... looks like the insert wasn’t in the bender!

Associate
OP
Ah, I didn't use an insert. I used to have a spring insert but found that it was so hard to get it out of the pipe that it wasn't worth it (and it got ruined by the extraction process anyway). Maybe that's my problem.

Soldato
Ah, I didn't use an insert. I used to have a spring insert but found that it was so hard to get it out of the pipe that it wasn't worth it (and it got ruined by the extraction process anyway). Maybe that's my problem.

No I meant the flat with tube shaped indent which slots in... concur on not being able to get the spring out ;)

Back
Top Bottom