Frostpunk

Permabanned

http://frostpunkgame.com/

What are people capable of when pushed to their limits?

In a completely frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. Society in its current form becomes ineffective and it has to change in order to survive.

What does this change mean? What is culture when morality stands in the way of existence? Think about how survival may, in the end, leave us different beings. Whether worse, better, stronger, weaker or, last but not least, more or less humane – that is debatable.

Frostpunk – developed by the creators of This War of Mine.

Soldato
Been watching some gameplay on Youtube of this now we are close to launch and it looks well, he's playing the finished version on early release which meant no opening cinematic. The art style and atmosphere whilst playing are great for the type of game.

There is no 'good' way to play this though every option you pick will bite you later down the line.

Soldato
Bought, was excited for this a while ago and completely forgot about it as they didn't have a steam page then, had a quick go and it's hard. Good fun so far and my only gripe is that I can't zoom in any more to view my city

Soldato
Bought, was excited for this a while ago and completely forgot about it as they didn't have a steam page then, had a quick go and it's hard. Good fun so far and my only gripe is that I can't zoom in any more to view my city

From the videos I've seen you can pretty much get your camera on top of buildings and see people walk around?

Associate
First game in ages I have played that made 4 hours seems like 1 hour! No joke, started playing at 10:45pm last night and was going to play for an hour before heading to bed before midnight. Next thing I look at the clock and it is 3:30am! I'm total knackered today :p but great game. It certainly has the War of Mine feel to it although it is completely different game to that. Graphics are gorgeous, game play is top notch but I am not sure about replay-ability and I got a feeling the game is fairly short (once you master it). People are mentioning that there should be an endless mode as some have finished it after :4-6 hours, so not sure on that part myself.

PS runs beautifully on Ultrawide 3440x1440. So far I recommend it but then again, if I finish this in another few hours with no real replay-ability then I feel the price for this was a little to high. Perhaps wait for sales but IMO, considering this is from the same people who did War of Mine, I'd personally would want to support them as I hope they will add some more to this in the near future.

My 2cs.

Soldato
"First game in ages I have played that made 4 hours seems like 1 hour"

So true this. Been at work and been thinking about this game allllll day hahaha. Although i know what is about to happen and i dont think i have enough coal :(

Soldato
Its the devs track record that has made this a day 1 purchase for me, some people are just good at games like this which is why theyve finished them in 4-6hrs. I played 3 hrs last night and had 3 restarts due to me being an idiot, and im about to restart again.

Back
Top Bottom