Overclockers UK Presents: Eleven Table Tennis: The Tournament

Soldato
OP
Only today and tomorrow left to play the remaining group games.

I know it's hard to arrange times etc and we all got busy lives, but, if the tournament drags on too long it will become boring. On Monday the planning for the quarter finals will begin no matter what group games are left. So get playing guys!!

Good Luck to you all.

Soldato
Sorry guys, my turn to be away - mountain biking with my family today :) Maybe in the evening, depending on the time I get back...

Soldato
OP
Hi Ale Bro, ArmitageShanks, Lokiss - any of you around today for a game? (Sorry - I only tend to be on in work hours, not the weekends)

Ok, I will give you a couple of days to get some games played. but, I can't keep extending the tournament.

@ale bro @lokiss @ArmitageShanks If you are around can you play ViveUK today sometime or tomorrow?

@rossiboy001 @Borsch Can you guys finish up your group games before Wednesday? Hope to have the quarter finals finished by the end of the week.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That could be Group A complete then. Melmac, at the risk of putting my place in peril, why don't you take over from Rossiboy?

I am not going to join at this stage. But if somebody else wants to fill for Rossiboy and play some games over the next two days that would be great.

I think your place would be fine!! My level is I can beat professional occasionally.

But, if you want a practise game, just shout, I can play anytime today, even right now if you are around.

Soldato
OP
@ale bro @CGrieves @Mmart94 @RockSteddy @Borsch @lokiss @chris182008 @ViveUK Team @Uncle Petey @Slam @ArmitageShanks

Ok Here's what's happening going forward.

Top 2 players from each group go through to the quarter finals.
The two players with the worst record are eliminated.
The four remaining players are in a playoff for the last two quarter final spots.

I will be giving each player a ranking and that will decide the pairings for the quarter finals.

Rough Schedule.

Playoff games
Wednesday and Thursday.

Quarter Finals
Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Semi Finals
Tuesday 29th of May.

Final
Thursday 31st of May.

The times of the games between 8pm and 10pm.

This isn't set in stone. I will need feedback from you guys. Ideally I would like the Quarter Finals to be all played over two nights. I want each game to have a fixed time to allow spectators to watch.

So if there are times/days that players are unavailable let me know here.

Soldato
OP
Ok, haven't heard from anybody.

The group stages are finished this evening. Since nobody commented to let me know dates and times, I will be picking times and days for the remaining fixtures.

Will post up schedule tomorrow.

@Borsch @lokiss @Slam @chris182008 Keep tomorrow evening free as the playoffs will be tomorrow evening between 8 and 10.

You four guys will be in the playoffs, unless Rossiboy and Vive UK play all their games between now and tomorrow morning.

Associate
I'm generally available to play 6:15 to 8:45pm at the moment. If the playoffs go ahead and this isn't satisfactory then I understand, no hard feelings and Good luck to everyone that goes through.

Melmac, sorry the tournament organisation is turning out to be a bit of a grind! It is appreciated though

Associate
Hi Melmac, fair play. Sorry I haven't been great with availability, busy times at HTC towers. I'm with the team from OCUK tomorrow putting together some plans so stay tuned and hopefully you'll see the fruit of my labours soon

Soldato
OP
I'm generally available to play 6:15 to 8:45pm at the moment. If the playoffs go ahead and this isn't satisfactory then I understand, no hard feelings and Good luck to everyone that goes through.

Melmac, sorry the tournament organisation is turning out to be a bit of a grind! It is appreciated though

Going to try and make sure the times suit everyone, but it might not be possible, And it's no bother really, just would like a bit more feedback from you guys because if I have no information I have to set times/days that might not work for anyone!!

Hi Melmac, fair play. Sorry I haven't been great with availability, busy times at HTC towers. I'm with the team from OCUK tomorrow putting together some plans so stay tuned and hopefully you'll see the fruit of my labours soon

It's no problem, I understand you are busy I am just sorry that you and Rossiboy didn't get to play any games!! :(

And, Can't wait to see to what was important enough to miss the tournament for :p

Back
Top Bottom