Halloween 2018

Permabanned
Quite looking forward to this one, apparently they are really working well on the story to make it decent.

I enjoyed the originals and Jamie is back in it, damn she is looking old now though!

Caporegime
Looks good, the teeth dropping part was something a bit different. Always liked these movies though the rebooted ones were a bit hit or miss, first one was ok second one may as well have been a Jason Voorhees movie with his mother telling him what to do, plus having him be that tall didn't suit the character really.

Soldato
That looks surprisingly good, I had my reservations when this was announced.

One important thing that most folks won't be aware of is this is a sequel to the first Carpenter movie and ignores all of the sequels and the Zombie reboots.

Caporegime
That looks surprisingly good, I had my reservations when this was announced.

One important thing that most folks won't be aware of is this is a sequel to the first Carpenter movie and ignores all of the sequels and the Zombie reboots.

Well that was pretty obvious seeing as it says in the trailer he's been in prison for 40 years :p

Nick Castle is again playing Myers but only in a few parts of the movie, another actor is doing most of the myers acting, never realised Castle is 70.

Last edited:
Soldato
Huge Halloween fan here. The original is about as good as it gets in respect of pure horror.

Some of the sequels were also enjoyable.

So yeah pumped for this....if they manage to bring it back to its roots.

Halloween 2 was pretty good but to go with the new storyline here it's hard to put Myers in prison after had the living **** blown out of him at the end of it. So yeah I understand why they have gone with this one.

Associate
Re-watching the trailer it looks like they've reset the whole thing so Halloween 2 onward never took place - in the opening part of the trailer the guy says he killed three innocent teenagers and was shot by his psychiatrist before being taken into custody "that night". Nothing mentioned about being blown up or any further deaths. They also explained away how he survived the gunshots (the doctors medical notes seems to show entry wounds nowhere near vital organs, like in the shoulders - which isn't exactly what happened in the original movie) and those other teenagers debunking the "myth" that Myers was Laurie Strode's brother.

That said - I liked the trailer and looking forward to seeing it.

Caporegime
Re-watching the trailer it looks like they've reset the whole thing so Halloween 2 onward never took place - in the opening part of the trailer the guy says he killed three innocent teenagers and was shot by his psychiatrist before being taken into custody "that night". Nothing mentioned about being blown up or any further deaths. They also explained away how he survived the gunshots (the doctors medical notes seems to show entry wounds nowhere near vital organs, like in the shoulders - which isn't exactly what happened in the original movie) and those other teenagers debunking the "myth" that Myers was Laurie Strode's brother.

That said - I liked the trailer and looking forward to seeing it.

Most of that was already mentioned above in regard to what the movie ignores, this is a sequel to the first movie that ignores the original sequels. Laurie Strode being Myers Sister was also something that was put in place in Halloween 2 so that's also no longer a factor in this.

Soldato
Most of that was already mentioned above in regard to what the movie ignores, this is a sequel to the first movie that ignores the original sequels. Laurie Strode being Myers Sister was also something that was put in place in Halloween 2 so that's also no longer a factor in this.

Seems as though it was worth me stating that above :D

Soldato
I watched the original on release alongside The Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue, another classic horror film :D. I don't think the original Halloween has been matched for the tension it creates and, along with the score, makes it one of my favourite films.:cool:

Soldato
Was looking forward to this, then I saw the trailer....wow think I will pass.

I adore the original, was never keen on any of the others more than a bit of switch your mind off entertainment.

Caporegime
Was looking forward to this, then I saw the trailer....wow think I will pass.

I adore the original, was never keen on any of the others more than a bit of switch your mind off entertainment.

What do you find wrong with this trailer exactly? Its been well received by even the hardcore fans from what ive seen.

Back
Top Bottom