Dark Souls REMASTERED

Soldato
Been playing this on the PS4 and all I can say is WOW! It is the best game I've played since the Last of Us... Such a well put together game and beautiful, amazing how it's 7 years old.

The so called big hitters like God of War and Detroit are such disappointments for me, I stopped playing them, God of War, very slow uninteresting story which is a massive disappointment for me, Detroit and its awful quick time events and basically very little actual gameplay.

Dark Souls, still now a Top 3 game for the PS4, you'd be mad not to play it.

10/10 Classic still.

EDIT: Bit peeved the Switch version got delayed, no doubt the From Software questionaire I did a while ago where you name the systems you own caused this, because they know there is a great chance you'll buy it on another system therefore selling at least 2 copies to all the big fans(like me, yes I'll buy the Switch version as well) with a Switch and a X1 or PS4 or PC.

Soldato
OP
I am waiting for the Switch version. Tempted to buy it now but I think I can wait. I wish they would remaster Demon's Souls!

I couldn't help myself! The Switch version will be the best version(because of the handheld option), 60 FPS makes a big difference, parrying and riposte just seems more natural and it's so fluid. I'm with you on Demon Souls HD, we can only hope :)

Soldato
I much prefer the aesthetic and combat of Bloodborne to DS, TBH. Everything's twisted and more oppressive, sounds, locations and enemies etc. I'd love a 60fps PC version.

I got DS3 on PC with AoA very cheap and I can see it's a good game but it just feels too sluggish and clunkier compared to BB. The atmosphere is also less unique and way less terrifying. I understand people might prefer the medieval setting and more methodical combat, though.

Associate
This game is truly a masterpiece and it's a joy to play a version that's slightly tarted up and 60fps but the Switch version is the one I really want.
I find it a pain to be tied to a big screen nowadays especially in this nice weather. Hope they release it on the Switch before I go on Holiday in August.

Soldato
OP
This game is truly a masterpiece and it's a joy to play a version that's slightly tarted up and 60fps but the Switch version is the one I really want.
I find it a pain to be tied to a big screen nowadays especially in this nice weather. Hope they release it on the Switch before I go on Holiday in August.

I read somewhere that it's getting released in June, plenty of time to brush up on your skills :)

Soldato
Just picked it up for ps4. I said I wouldn't as it didn't look like enough of a difference over the pc one of which I have played a fair few times albeit years ago.

Either way a mate at work is playing for the first time and being part of the conversation with souls games is the best bit about them so I thought why not grab it and race him to the end ;)

I forgot I'll probably need ps plus to take part in summoning etc? So looks like I'm going it alone! Hopefully I can still see ghosts and bloodstains without it

Soldato
OP
Just picked it up for ps4. I said I wouldn't as it didn't look like enough of a difference over the pc one of which I have played a fair few times albeit years ago.

Either way a mate at work is playing for the first time and being part of the conversation with souls games is the best bit about them so I thought why not grab it and race him to the end ;)

I forgot I'll probably need ps plus to take part in summoning etc? So looks like I'm going it alone! Hopefully I can still see ghosts and bloodstains without it

I'd get PS Plus mate, co-op a bit with your mate, the PS4 has a massive online community for the game, which is cool as it makes it feel like a new release, unlike the original with DSFix, which is awesome just virtually dead online wise.

Soldato
I'd get PS Plus mate, co-op a bit with your mate, the PS4 has a massive online community for the game, which is cool as it makes it feel like a new release, unlike the original with DSFix, which is awesome just virtually dead online wise.

Luckily it offered a 2 day trial when I fired the game up so have done that for now.

Man I have never heard the bell ring so much in the first area ;) always loved that mechanic! It's going off all the time at the moment :)

Soldato
OP
What an amazing Remaster, probably the best I've played. It's like an interactive art book that's how detailed the environments, armour and weapons are running in 4K 60fps(PS4 Pro) which makes the gameplay even better due to the fluidity. If I didn't have a pro and played this at a mates I'd buy a Pro instantly, and a 4k TV if I didn't have one!

Soldato
What an amazing Remaster, probably the best I've played. It's like an interactive art book that's how detailed the environments, armour and weapons are running in 4K 60fps(PS4 Pro) which makes the gameplay even better due to the fluidity. If I didn't have a pro and played this at a mates I'd buy a Pro instantly, and a 4k TV if I didn't have one!

It's a solid port but for me it's the bare minimum they could have done to call it a remaster unfortunatly, it's fantastic don't get me wrong and a lot of that lies with the base game being THAT good. I do still love the setting and atmosphere, and seeing areas off in the distance that you can or will go to is better than ever.

But then I suppose compared to the ps3/360 versions it's kind of night and day, but having played mostly on PC the jump wasn't as apparent

I'm happy to be replaying it, just about to enter the crystal cave area.

Last edited:
Soldato
Try Dark Souls 3 I think its the best looking of the series if you love 1 then 2 & 3 are both excellent & slightly less challenging than 1!

Soldato
OP
It's a solid port but for me it's the bare minimum they could have done to call it a remaster unfortunatly, it's fantastic don't get me wrong and a lot of that lies with the base game being THAT good. I do still love the setting and atmosphere, and seeing areas off in the distance that you can or will go to is better than ever.

But then I suppose compared to the ps3/360 versions it's kind of night and day, but having played mostly on PC the jump wasn't as apparent

I'm happy to be replaying it, just about to enter the crystal cave area.

What TV you using? I'm using an OLED I suppose, with a HDR10 panel. It looks amazing and beats DSFix(essential as PC port was pathetic) even with a high end G-Sync 4k monitor. It did cost me £3k.

Back
Top Bottom