It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
Yeah its so warm I can't even think straight or get the energy to work on some projects I want to, etc. wish it would be more like a few weeks back when there was a nice breeze and it was pleasant to do stuff outside without being too hot.

Soldato
I have a summer house which is now redundant - no way I can sit in 35c even with fan going - roll on the thunder storms- if we ever get rain again that is :rolleyes: even the cat's don't know what to do with themselves.

Caporegime
With all due respect, **** off :D

In all seriousness, this is hell for me.
I can't believe we both live in the same county and have such a massively different opinion of the weather.

I doubt you're more than 20 miles from either coast and multiple beaches and it's not like we're stuck in a massive city where the heat and air quality would literally be unbearable.

Get outside and embrace the sun, you'll end up loving it, probably :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Met Office and Wunderground don't agree on the actual temperature, but for respective sites, this is the hottest day in Southampton region during this heatwave.

Not sure if I want to experience some very light exercise on the bike, going very slowly compared to a training ride, or not.

Caporegime
I can't believe we both live in the same county and have such a massively different opinion of the weather.

I doubt you're more than 20 miles from either coast and multiple beaches and it's not like we're stuck in a massive city where the heat and air quality would literally be unbearable.

Get outside and embrace the sun, you'll end up loving it, probably :p
I tried to do some gardening already today... gave up after 30 mins. It's madness.

Inside the ground floor of our house is 30C according to the thermostat. Upstairs is I guess about 5C cooler.

I'm sitting here typing this in just my undies, covered in sweat that can't seem to evaporate.

There's not much chance of me "loving" this any time soon :p P.S. I don't like swimming. Yes, yes; a Cornishman that doesn't surf, I know :p I like to walk along the coast path but I don't care to jump in the sea.

Right now the only sane place to be is inside/underground.

Caporegime
I have a summer house which is now redundant - no way I can sit in 35c even with fan going - roll on the thunder storms- if we ever get rain again that is :rolleyes: even the cat's don't know what to do with themselves.
Mine is walking around meowing her head off. She has wet food and water down.

Had to shut her in my room before I flipped out and murdered somebody. It's the coolest part of the house anyhow. But gee, the meowing. Insanity inducing.

Soldato
I confess, it's a bit of a stinker. Even after my cold shower, I'm under the parasol but with little/no breeze I can feel the generation of beads of sweat on the back of my neck!

Soldato
Except with me it's encouraging me to eat copious amounts of ice-cream.

Magnums or McDonald’s vanilla milkshake does it for me

Shame it’s not too healthy, although I may make my own low carb version
I tried to do some gardening already today... gave up after 30 mins. It's madness.

Inside the ground floor of our house is 30C according to the thermostat. Upstairs is I guess about 5C cooler.

I'm sitting here typing this in just my undies, covered in sweat that can't seem to evaporate.

There's not much chance of me "loving" this any time soon :p P.S. I don't like swimming. Yes, yes; a Cornishman that doesn't surf, I know :p I like to walk along the coast path but I don't care to jump in the sea.

Right now the only sane place to be is inside/underground.

Buy a cheap pool, lather up in factor 30+ ,a few cold beers in a cool box and you’re set, even stick the tv outside if you must

Soldato
This is a picture of a golf course near me.

Why are the water hazards so full ?

People pay hundreds even thousands of £'s to go away for a week, 2 weeks or even a month of constant weather like we've had for the past 2 months, soon as we get it in our country everybody is moaning how it's too hot

I personally love this weather and if this is what climate change brings then I'll be burning more carbons to fuel such glorious summers

Soldato
Lidl magnums are ace

I was starting to think this heat was worse than 1976 which I well remember - I lived in steel toecap boot's -cut off Levis and towel tied on my head covering neck and shoulders - I could take it then - At home I had two step ladders up with bar across and watering can hanging with bit of string on to pull for a shower outside - it was hot - hosepipe ban and not flushing No1s till it reeked.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_United_Kingdom_heat_wave - I hope this doesn't drag on into August

Man of Honour
Just fell short of 32C here at the hottest part of the day - south facing rooms hit 40C internally :( even with cooling.

I hope this doesn't drag on into August

Doesn't look like there is much end to it - forecast to drop off a little for the next few days then back to these kind of temperatures through towards the end of the month and possibly beyond who knows.

Soldato
Time to invest in air con companies? lol

What actually is the practicality of getting air con at home? It's not something I've ever really though about, but if we get to a point where summers are regularly getting this hot it might be time to think about it!

Man of Honour
Time to invest in air con companies? lol

What actually is the practicality of getting air con at home? It's not something I've ever really though about, but if we get to a point where summers are regularly getting this hot it might be time to think about it!

If you've got a window you can adapt you can get the window units that are relatively easy to run and not stupidly costly that will do one room OK.

Back
Top Bottom