It's too hot :(

Stafford (Midlands) has averaged 27C for 2 weeks now and is set to continue for another week. It's ok at home as I have a/c. Yes some people like it hot but I can't acclimatise to the summer even if it's only a British summer and even if there is no heatwave. I find work uncomfortable as we only have fans in the office, and yet the Health & Safety dept states that room temperature should be 18C-21C. So given that, does anyone agree with me that a/c should be a human right, the same as heating? My a/c unit is good for a 5M x 4M room at home (bigger than my office) and it runs @ 750 watts. So if you think about it, it's the same as a gaming PC with a 750 watt PSU. It costs more than that to heat a room of that size in the winter time.

Soldato
I find this.
In Italy I was happy walking around in 35c
But in England for some reason I get sweaty walking in 25c heat!

There are three reasons. Humidity, angle of the Sun and duration of sunlight.
In UK the Sun is vertical almost, while is high up the sky from early morning to late evening.
Italy by 9pm is darkness even at the longest day of the year.

Soldato
Nice and hot is Los Angeles today, 37 downtown - hit 42 yesterday, just been out for a walk to downtown Santa Monica near where I’m staying, about 33 right now, too hot to be comfortable but I fancied a walk

Man of Honour
Its actually cool almost chilly outside right now but no real air movement so just not cooling down inside :( which is probably going to make it pretty grim later today where it looks like hitting 30C easily here.

Associate
I only spent half an hour this morning jet washing the car at 8AM and i'm boiling, my body is only designed to cope with that one week in May when the temperature is 17c and has a breeze to take the edge off :)

Caporegime
I see someone turned the big death-ray in the sky back to full power.

Feeling like a mutton joint in a slow-cooker against today.

Getting moaning at because I refuse to go outside to do all the outside jobs, which are admittedly piling up.

The second I go outside my skin starts screaming at me :( Don't know how anyone can enjoy the sensation.

2dlzqj.jpg

Soldato
I see someone turned the big death-ray in the sky back to full power.

Feeling like a mutton joint in a slow-cooker against today.

Getting moaning at because I refuse to go outside to do all the outside jobs, which are admittedly piling up.

The second I go outside my skin starts screaming at me :( Don't know how anyone can enjoy the sensation.

Do you have vitiligo? Serious question as you said you avoid the sun that much.

Soldato
An old friend's 89th birthday today so with any luck, this afternoon I'll be sitting on his patio with a few beers. Marvellous. :cool:

Soldato
Aye; I got 3 brewski's chilling in the fridge to appreciate under the parasol this afternoon with steak planned for evening dinner. Just need to get through a few hours of house-work, cold shower and then bliss time.

Soldato
Aye; I got 3 brewski's chilling in the fridge to appreciate under the parasol this afternoon with steak planned for evening dinner. Just need to get through a few hours of house-work, cold shower and then bliss time.

I'm one step ahead of you, just had a cold shower. I do need to get some booze though.

Have a good one!

Caporegime
Two hours of tennis earlier, F1 in a minute, then a BBQ with a few beers later then a nice cold shower to finish the day off.

This weather is absolutely perfect now. 364 days of this with snow on Christmas day would be heavenly.

Man of Honour
We've got tornados going through here (South Somerset) and not small ones either (not like US scale twisters though either). Enough to shift a door open with 25kg leant against it.

Back
Top Bottom