Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic - Demciflex Filters installed.. cat then sick on them !

Soldato
Afternoon all!

Seeing as this case is flying off the shelf , but in limited numbers and not really many builds floating about online thought id start this.

Current Specs:
  • Ryzen 2700 - not a very good chip, poor OC on this one so might swap to 2700x
  • 8 Pack Extreme 4000hz - damn nice kit , just a shame its so tall. RAM calculator is your friend!
  • x470 Aorus 7 (build system with Ultra so nice to see how this will compare against)
  • to many NVME to remember - though I am tempted to StoreMI a 250 Evo 960 250GB with 1TB Sandisk SSD.... anyone interested in the idea ?
  • GTX 1080 Aorus 11Gbps - though currently being sold here (4 new tyres on wife's car)

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...gpx-block-unused-aorus-1080ti-gpu-a.18824667/
  • Enough Silent Wing fans to power a house
  • bequiet Dark Power 11 850w
Watergear; To be honest i've got a ton of hard line stuff which I may do at a later point but will be a custom AIO set up for the time being

• Alphacool Eisbrecher 360/54mm
  • Alphacool Eisbecher D5
  • bequiet SilentLoop Block/pump
  • 13/10 tubing and fittings
  • Silent Wing 3 fans
(I will mount EKWB 360/240 SE at the bottom and side as well as 240 Eisbrecher 54mm and Eisbrecher Pump/res unit to give some reflection of full custom water set up profiles for people)

Bta3isv.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Case

LW0GZL4.jpg

sviPRyE.jpg

2LCp37f.jpg

2yPcEh2.jpg

8DuPKck.jpg

gczQh21.jpg

eKLstBg.jpg

rvZpSXC.jpg

oNc5Tv8.jpg

8PLQvbr.jpg

EAUpf90.jpg

XBPLzuX.jpg

BaSaSL6.jpg

dUCU6lv.jpg

rajlu3C.jpg

Yjh5IFg.jpg

sEiAI3O.jpg

7GZsV8U.jpg

rMKoUHb.jpg

RvJdp52.jpg

pCCMpFp.jpg

jljt4RQ.jpg

8ocOwCC.jpg

sorry, images my not be in the perfect order.

But as you can see a 195mm PSU fits in.. just but plate has to be taken off first!

Tried to get snap shots of the rad clearance, thickness is 54mm so 60mm will fit nice and snug but this is one of the widest rads on the market and cables can pass through nicely. Would want to try 280 rad though...

I refer to have the side fans behind the Midplate, reason being , I personally think it looks better and when looking at the front of the case through the front window, your view isn't being spoilt by side casing of the fan, also allows more RGB glow!

Boards with Backplates will fit, Aorus 7 has most extreme protrusions i've seen

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Water cooling :

Managed to grab some snaps of the System with Aorus GTX 1080 with a water block . is an Alphacool unit with 90 compression at the end , in theory EKWB would off the same distance . Will say if you use the largest Compression/barb size available then it may hit with Blocks that have ports Horizontal

x9DU7Nw.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
9 Fans !

Warning! If like the Aorus X470 that has USB 3.0 internal headers at the bottom of the board, the Case cables will not plug in with a bottom fan covering the port ! You'd need to buy a short Braided version from China to pull it off!

Dust filters ! they are quite restrictive ! I believe Gamers Nexus did a review on the AIR version -

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3336-lian-li-o11-air-case-review-benchmarks

recomend this !

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/demc...for-360mm-radiator-black-black-cm-034-df.html

I've set my system up with Bottom and Side as intake for Higher Positive pressure to stop dust from entering in via unfiltered areas, which there is above the Logo on the back as well as where a second PSU could go!
Techincally the side fans are tehcincally not a true Positive set up as they are not mounted to the case wall and drawing directly from the outside but from within the case to expel into the case .
I have the bottom fans running the most RGB with the Side at the slowest , mainly to show off the Grooves with the Digital LED

gQuXIj4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Lighting !

Used a Combination of standard LED and Digital LED .

Whats the difference ? Digital LED kits are addressable , meaning that individual LEDs can be given there own command . NZXT were the first to do this with their CAM software and still a little ahead of the field, Mobo software is also the least advanced to NZXT or some kits that use digital software.

I've used Phanteks Digital and Standard RGB Halo covers, As I think bequiets Silent Wing 3's are one of the best fans you can buy for performance and low sound .
The D-LED kit features 3 cables/pins to the Standard LED's 4 . D-Led headers can differ but all cover converter kits to either turn them from 3 pin head thats close together, or a 4 pin header with a pin missing/blank.
I was able to daisy chain to different products together as they both use 3 close pin headers (male/female) and then plugged directly into the Aorus board as never versions have 3 Pin header together without a Spacer gap .

X9RJEs2.jpg

Lian Li strimer

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-strimer-rgb-24-pin-motherboard-cable-cm-017-ll.html

Fair play, this will make money! and smart thought behind the design . Have posted more up on the design of the Unit but will try and get some closer shots of it later ... but heres some pictures.
Will add a video soon!

uw6H1C3.jpg

Before and after of the Cable

wsI9CvI.jpg
ouOqPni.jpg

KJWKABA.jpg
klZK3O2.jpg

IcJ1nux.jpg
8yGJfaj.jpg

LIGHT THEM UP!

Clear Fluid and tubing is a must if you want to RGB , specially glass! I know a lot use white but honestly clear is the best. Ive had a word with mayhems about adding Silver Aurora Boost particles with clear X1 fluid, can be done, it will reflect the Lighting to give RGB water effect but is very short term, specially with the Block type!
wont be a few weeks till i do this though with next gen card in place though

G46yHUy.jpg

PSU3bJc.jpg

4Bu4pNk.jpg

9WVYwf4.jpg

tzkL1hl.jpg

gPxuvsu.jpg

Bta3isv.jpg

jagTUkK.jpg

mMxkWpT.jpg

0RDsOwh.jpg

c8imhIS.jpg

9mCUHZa.jpg

7qXQn6I.jpg

dPDhEae.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Looking good mate. Can't wait to get my white one :)
I think one of the questions a lot of people have asked about this case is airflow. Which way round are you doing intake and exhaust?

Associate
Ryzen 2700s are generally all poor to overclock thanks to the 2700x binning , mine for example won’t do all core 4.1 without silly voltage for daily clocks , so for me stock is better for single core clocks , hate this as it defeats my name but at least I can tinker with RAM .

As for the case , has to be hands down the best chassis I’ve seen in a while

Soldato
OP
Looking good mate. Can't wait to get my white one :)
I think one of the questions a lot of people have asked about this case is airflow. Which way round are you doing intake and exhaust?

sorry, was banned for a little bit. Bottom fans intake as well as side, top is exhaust!

MASSIVE PICTURE UPDATE!

Please check out the posts above and their spoilers as i've updated the posts and pictures - sorry for the delay :)

c8imhIS.jpg

Soldato
OP
VIDEO:

Apologies for poor videos, will try and take some held position shots of the Strimer running through its own controller and that off the Aorus board soon.
Might hear the kids in the back ground, were hungry this morning , left them to fight over a rice crispy grain whilst i shot this ;)

From Nokia 8 4K

From DSL 1080p

Associate
@orbitalwalsh How are you finding the incoming air from the side intake, does the fact the fans aren't flush with the side panel mean it is actually inputting warmer air from the rear section or in reality is there no issue around this?

Soldato
OP
@orbitalwalsh How are you finding the incoming air from the side intake, does the fact the fans aren't flush with the side panel mean it is actually inputting warmer air from the rear section or in reality is there no issue around this?

technically , it should be drawing air from outside , and not from the Mobo chamber as thats walled off 95% . Plus them you've got cables running in the cable bar/ssd bar section , the least restrictive pathway for air is through the grills in the side panel. Technically for true positive pressure in a contained air, fans would need to be attached to the actual panel and 100% taking air from outside path inwards, but wouldn't worry to much, as air from bottom all add to the pressure going out the top .
Have removed Top filter, can feel air being forced out the top and the back panel slots above the logo.
The side fans, if your using them for intake into the case, dont need to be high static pressure is its in pull formation , pulling air from the side panel grill, high pressure would be needed if you were pushing air through it, so at the top... High pressure fans, with or without a rad mounted - I'd recommend there.

then again, i've used Silent wing 3 fans , cant get any better Air Flow+ static Pressure + low dB then them but at great cost .. though seems OCUK doing buy 3 get 1 free Combo deal

E
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £263.54 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

Associate
technically , it should be drawing air from outside , and not from the Mobo chamber as thats walled off 95% . Plus them you've got cables running in the cable bar/ssd bar section , the least restrictive pathway for air is through the grills in the side panel. Technically for true positive pressure in a contained air, fans would need to be attached to the actual panel and 100% taking air from outside path inwards, but wouldn't worry to much, as air from bottom all add to the pressure going out the top .
Have removed Top filter, can feel air being forced out the top and the back panel slots above the logo.
The side fans, if your using them for intake into the case, dont need to be high static pressure is its in pull formation , pulling air from the side panel grill, high pressure would be needed if you were pushing air through it, so at the top... High pressure fans, with or without a rad mounted - I'd recommend there.

then again, i've used Silent wing 3 fans , cant get any better Air Flow+ static Pressure + low dB then them but at great cost .. though seems OCUK doing buy 3 get 1 free Combo deal

E
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £263.54 (includes shipping: £11.70)

oh thats interesting offer

Back
Top Bottom