Aorus Owner's Lounge

Soldato
If it’s out of the blue my guess would be one of the SSDs is failing.

You’ve done a health check on them?

For reference I always split duties across multiple drives (system, documents, games etc) I keep system backups on the documents drive and I have On Event backups for all drives when I plug in my external HDD.

My advice would be if you don’t have a robust backup system in place then secure crucial data immediately regardless of what the issue turns out to be. If you have already, then I’ll be quiet :D

Associate
If it’s out of the blue my guess would be one of the SSDs is failing.

You’ve done a health check on them?

For reference I always split duties across multiple drives (system, documents, games etc) I keep system backups on the documents drive and I have On Event backups for all drives when I plug in my external HDD.

My advice would be if you don’t have a robust backup system in place then secure crucial data immediately regardless of what the issue turns out to be. If you have already, then I’ll be quiet :D

Not sure how I can do a health check on them?

Anywho. managed to get booted into ubuntu live with the raid working. Tried to copy data across and it failed on a lot of it. I guess its corrupted.

Thankfully I have nothing of importance on drive C. Majority of data in onedrive and synced on 3 other computers. E-mail is IMAP so still on the server.

Just the 50 odd gig I downloaded for ARK the other week is a bit of a pain to re-download. :rolleyes:

Will need to try and find a relatively cheap computer store over here in Aktau, Kazakhstan to get a new SSD, but need to know if the M.2 sockets are NVME compatible or just plain SSD. ;)

Associate
Cheers.

I've managed to open it up and didnt see anything loose inside or smell any remnants of burning on the SSD's.

Could it possibly be the SSD's or at least one is failing.

Can't think of any other reason why the raid will either fail or be OK at each boot.

Also some time when the raid has failed the second ssd is shown as non raid and sometimes does not show up at all.

Good to hear that. One suggestion for the RAID 0 build up is that DO always perform the backup cuz any one of the SSD crash will lead the whole storage crash

Associate
Hi @baloney. Any update on whether X5 (v1) supports NVME?

Also when it comes to re-installing windows 10 will there be any problems?

Laptop came with v8.1 and I upgraded to 10 for free. I'll also need to find a kind person with a non company computer to create the windows 10 install USB.

My company desktop wont let me. No doubt a message sent to IT dept what I was doing. :eek:

Associate
Hi @baloney. Any update on whether X5 (v1) supports NVME?

Also when it comes to re-installing windows 10 will there be any problems?

Laptop came with v8.1 and I upgraded to 10 for free. I'll also need to find a kind person with a non company computer to create the windows 10 install USB.

My company desktop wont let me. No doubt a message sent to IT dept what I was doing. :eek:

X5 should support SATA SSD only..... but there shouldn't be a problem for upgrading to Win 10 on X5

Associate
X5 should support SATA SSD only..... but there shouldn't be a problem for upgrading to Win 10 on X5

Cheers @baloney

Don't know why I didn't think of it before.

I've reinstalled windows on the, hopefully, still working SSD and everything working fine.

Will limp along like this until I get home and get a new laptop.

Man having only 237GB is very restrictive. Installed ARK and had only 17GB left. Moving to HDD now. :(

Associate
@baloney hi there i am having an issue with my aorus x7v6 and could use some support in fixing it please

1. the trackpad seems to have a clicking issue where i click on this e.g close a program , right click and there is no response i then have to use tab to restart the computer and there normally a 25% chance it will fix it
2. im not sure if this hardware issue or software but when i am using youtube sometimes the video skips straight to the end while i am watching and will continue doing so with videos unless i press esc as i cant click the x
3. command and control never opens for me ive reinstalled different software versions and yet still doesnt open it opened the first time i ever used the computer and not one since.

these problems have occurred at least 5 times and i dont know how to fix them

Associate
@baloney hi there i am having an issue with my aorus x7v6 and could use some support in fixing it please

1. the trackpad seems to have a clicking issue where i click on this e.g close a program , right click and there is no response i then have to use tab to restart the computer and there normally a 25% chance it will fix it
2. im not sure if this hardware issue or software but when i am using youtube sometimes the video skips straight to the end while i am watching and will continue doing so with videos unless i press esc as i cant click the x
3. command and control never opens for me ive reinstalled different software versions and yet still doesnt open it opened the first time i ever used the computer and not one since.

these problems have occurred at least 5 times and i dont know how to fix them

my suggestion is to backup all the files and perform F9 recovery to see if it works

Associate
@baloney Im thinking of installing a 2nd M.2 drive into my X7 DT V8, from the Aorus website im correct in thinking my limit for m.2 slots is 1TB and 2TB for sata slot? Also any recommendations for brands to accompany the preinstalled drives? Possibly looking at

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...3.0-x4-nvme-solid-state-drive-hd-23p-sa.html#

sorry about my late reply. Yes one of the M.2 slot supports only PCIe SSD and the other one supports both PCIe and SATA3 SSD.
You could check it with the label on the slot. For the SSD basically you could go for Samsung or Toshiba ones but do remember to paste the thermal pad on the SSD, and let it be the heat conductor from SSD controller to the aluminum bottom cover (so it means the thermal pad must be thick enough to reach the bottom cover)

Associate
I recently Bought an Aorus x7 DT v8
and the Power Supply stops working when I am in a semi intense game (I say semi intense cause its World of Warcraft, so cant say its actually using anything important)
and the Power supply simple gets shut down, the laptop goes to use the Battery and I need to actually Unplug from the Wall and replug in order for it to return to use

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I recently Bought an Aorus x7 DT v8
and the Power Supply stops working when I am in a semi intense game (I say semi intense cause its World of Warcraft, so cant say its actually using anything important)
and the Power supply simple gets shut down, the laptop goes to use the Battery and I need to actually Unplug from the Wall and replug in order for it to return to use

Hi @Ido Panski - Are there any other scenarios that you get this "behavior" from the AC Adaptor? Normal use, web browsing etc, it stays on?

We have asked R&D to look at your post and advise, but if there are any more details you can provide, let us know.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi, the PC runs perfect on any other scenario
til now (I have it for less then a week) it only happen to me while playing WoW (didn't play any other game on it to check other games), but its constantly happens, its like the PC gets throttled and the solution is to stop supplying power .

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi, the PC runs perfect on any other scenario
til now (I have it for less then a week) it only happen to me while playing WoW (didn't play any other game on it to check other games), but its constantly happens, its like the PC gets throttled and the solution is to stop supplying power .

HI @Ido Panski - OK. Are all drivers up dated with our recommended drivers?

Also - please check your settings inside "Command and Control" and look at the "Power Mode" - just to confirm nothing strange is set inside there.

Thanks.

R&D have confirmed receipt of your problem, but with the time gap it will be tomorrow before they can give any further advise.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
I've updated all drivers again
and for a while it seem to have worked, and I played for a couple of hours

but then it happened again.
the adapter light goes off, the PC using battery and only after I take it out of both the PC and the outlet and plug back in , it gets back to working

its really not how I expected my first week with this beast will be :(

Back
Top Bottom