Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Also one last thing - I checked my warranty status on the Aorus site and it says it expires on the 20th July 2018, however mendit state the warranty has already expired on the laptop?
Can anyone here clarify? I have a screen grab of the page below, thanks:

Hi @funomoly - If you provide proof of purchase for your unit, when speaking to Mendit, the system information for warranty can be adjusted. IE warranty will run for 2 years from your date of purchase.

Let us know if any problems, but if you are within the first 2 years of ownership, assuming you purchased new of course, then you will be covered.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS.

Associate
Thanks again Atom80
I already sent the invoice to mendit with the purchase date shown as being April 2016, however I do have a distinct memory that my warranty was increased because of a registration offer from Aorus hence it shows July 2018 as the end date on my Aorus product page.
Can you confirm Aorus ever did this or am I imagining things? :confused:

Associate
I received my X5 V8 on the 19th June. Lovely looking machine, nicely weighted bit of a finger magnet but expected that.

When I 1st booted it up it had a very clean install of Windows 10, which concerned me. No bloat ware at all,
no Gigabyte software at all, is this correct? Or is it a return from someone with a clean install.

Anyway downloaded software from Gigabyte website then updated the various pieces of software.
Installed MSI Afterburner and ran some Firestrike and Timespy benchmarks.
Everything appears to be running ok. Fans do get very noisy when the temps get high.

Undervolted CPU Intel XTU currently -140mv, ran some stress tests and no crashing, may try a bit more.
Using MSI Afterburner and curve settings and have got the voltage down on the GPU.
As long as the Commamd and Control isn’t running the lower GPU voltage is used.
Set a custom fan and have it running considerably quieter and with the undervolts temps are acceptable at 70-80C.
Pretty happy so far, just that slight niggle on the very clean Windows install with no Gigabyte software installed at all

Associate
Hey everyone joined the gigabyte/aorus family a few days ago with the X7 DT v8. i am extremely happy with the laptop but this is my 1st gaming laptop. Any tips or tricks/settings u guys recommend to get the most of these laptops?

Associate
I received my X5 V8 on the 19th June. Lovely looking machine, nicely weighted bit of a finger magnet but expected that.

When I 1st booted it up it had a very clean install of Windows 10, which concerned me. No bloat ware at all,
no Gigabyte software at all, is this correct? Or is it a return from someone with a clean install.

Anyway downloaded software from Gigabyte website then updated the various pieces of software.
Installed MSI Afterburner and ran some Firestrike and Timespy benchmarks.
Everything appears to be running ok. Fans do get very noisy when the temps get high.

Undervolted CPU Intel XTU currently -140mv, ran some stress tests and no crashing, may try a bit more.
Using MSI Afterburner and curve settings and have got the voltage down on the GPU.
As long as the Commamd and Control isn’t running the lower GPU voltage is used.
Set a custom fan and have it running considerably quieter and with the undervolts temps are acceptable at 70-80C.
Pretty happy so far, just that slight niggle on the very clean Windows install with no Gigabyte software installed at all
yes we've tried to keep the desktop as clean as possible

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks again Atom80
I already sent the invoice to mendit with the purchase date shown as being April 2016, however I do have a distinct memory that my warranty was increased because of a registration offer from Aorus hence it shows July 2018 as the end date on my Aorus product page.
Can you confirm Aorus ever did this or am I imagining things? :confused:

Hi @funomoly - We don't recall any such warranty promotion in UK. We have on occasion, extended warranty for customers who have experienced out of the ordinary, maybe service delay or similar issue - but that would be recorded on the system notes for the serial number for the machine. If you haven't had any such instance, I think that your imagination is running wild ! Well, maybe not wild ;)

We will check based on your comment, to see if there was something "central" that we have maybe forgotten about inn the UK.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hey everyone joined the gigabyte/aorus family a few days ago with the X7 DT v8. i am extremely happy with the laptop but this is my 1st gaming laptop. Any tips or tricks/settings u guys recommend to get the most of these laptops?

Do remember you could do the things like:
- track if your driver is updated through Driver Update
- choose your ideal color temperature, OC Profile or fan policy under Command & Control
- Make your keyboard more stylish with AORUS Fusion

If you wanna make cleaner OS install, do remember to install the Driver Update to get your calibrated .icc profile back and Command & Control for all the fan policy we design for you

Associate
Hi @funomoly - We don't recall any such warranty promotion in UK. We have on occasion, extended warranty for customers who have experienced out of the ordinary, maybe service delay or similar issue - but that would be recorded on the system notes for the serial number for the machine. If you haven't had any such instance, I think that your imagination is running wild ! Well, maybe not wild ;)

We will check based on your comment, to see if there was something "central" that we have maybe forgotten about inn the UK.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks againAtom! Since I posted that message I did get a response from Aorus customer service and they confirmed the warranty on my X5 expires on the 20th July, so something must have happened when I registered the machine a couple of years back? Whatever it was it's greatly accepted! :D

Associate
Hey there,

I'm a happy owner of a Aorus X3 V7 laptop but recently i've got the following issue. The case around the screen and the hinge has come loose on the left side. Is anyone having same issue? Fortunately, the laptop is within the 2 years warranty.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey there,

I'm a happy owner of a Aorus X3 V7 laptop but recently i've got the following issue. The case around the screen and the hinge has come loose on the left side. Is anyone having same issue? Fortunately, the laptop is within the 2 years warranty.

Hi @asura - Sorry to hear of this issue - we would advise to send into our repair centre for screen/bezel/hinge analysis and replacement.

Please contact them:

GIGABYTE Authorized Service Partner
Address: MendIT Ltd Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate Burnley Lancashire England BB12 7BF

Technical Support: 08442449999

Email: [email protected]

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
My Aorus X5 crashed on bootup this morning and now only boots to bios.

The raid array has failed and one of the SSD drives is now non-raid:

raid-failure.png

Any advice?

Associate

raid-failure.png

Any advice?

so it just happened or you'd done something before it got failure? I could make quicker move if you could let me know more about it

Man of Honour

raid-failure.png

Any advice?

Dunno about these systems specifically but should be able to boot to the RAID manager by holding down a key at boot (might have to disable things like fast boot and quiet boot, etc. to see the options) and recover the array within there - sometimes F12, F8 or ctrl + g or ctrl + i.

As the BIOS shows Intel RST I'm gonna assume its ctrl + I. Read up on how to use the Intel RAID configuration manager though as it is easy to destroy the array entirely if you get the options wrong.

Associate
so it just happened or you'd done something before it got failure? I could make quicker move if you could let me know more about it

Hi baloney.

This was the first boot of the morning. I did have to force shutdown yesterday (power button 10 seconds) as the shutdown option was just rebooting and not actually shutting down. I did wait for the hdd led to go out in hope this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

Bizarrely its back up of its own accord, but windows 10 is falling over all the time. I tried to do a repair install (from recovery console and option not to loose data), but got a message saying drive c was locked.
On one of the boots it did say it was checking drive c and I got no error messages, but it would still crash out with a blue screen.

Currently running chkdsk c: /f /x /p in a dos window from the recovery options. 2 hours to go on checking user files

I also got a secure boot warning when I tried to boot from a windows 10 USB drive. :|

Hopefully get it working. Not back in UK until end of August. :|

If I need to replace the SSD's will a Samsung 960 EVO m.2 fit in the 2015 version of X5? I'm not sure the M.2 sockets are NVME compatible.

Tnx.

John.

Last edited:
Associate
The chkdsk has finished now:

chkdsk-result.JPG

I tried sfc /scannow but it said a scan was scheduled at reboot and could not be run now.

After rebooting the laptop crashed to blue screen again and when I started up again went direct to BIOS; Raid had failed again.

Had it switched off for 15 minutes or so and on power up the raid is Normal and bootable.

One other question. The boot screen says F10 for RAID UI, but goes to BIOS. Is the option for Intel Rapid Storage Technology the only RAID option? If so its either view info or delete. :|

Associate
will get back to you about this soon

Cheers.

I've managed to open it up and didnt see anything loose inside or smell any remnants of burning on the SSD's.

Could it possibly be the SSD's or at least one is failing.

Can't think of any other reason why the raid will either fail or be OK at each boot.

Also some time when the raid has failed the second ssd is shown as non raid and sometimes does not show up at all.

Back
Top Bottom