It's too hot :(

Man of Honour
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45085034

Met Office reckon we could have a warm one until October... Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Could be - I suspect like the Beast from the East we will get this weather in pulses with an overall but protracted downwards trend until the setup reconfigures as we go into winter. With a good chance of similar pattern disruption into winter - extremes in some way but not necessarily extremes of cold.

Man of Honour
Yeah there is a bit of a breeze here but I just can't get comfortable :| guess humidity must be higher or something.

Associate
I couldn't imagine that there's such a heat wave in Vienna when I moved here! In July the weather often was rainy and windy.

So everyone was complaining about that bad weather - now everyone's complaining because of the het!

On Thursday it's supposed to get up to 36 degrees, I'll probably won’t left my apartment on that day.

Today I'm going to get a fan and I really hope they aren’t sold out - again!

Soldato
You have the other 8 months to enjoy miserable weather, make the most of the rare warm summer!

Make the most of what exactly?

The wildlife that's suffering?
The extremely poor crop yields?
The impending shortages and cost issues due to aforementioned crop yields?
The heat inside due to lack of AC? (32 -38c in my offices at work recently)
The electricity usage where there is AC?
The suffering elderly who struggle to manage the heat?
The higher water usage?

Sure we like a bit of sun now and then, but this is extraordinary weather for the UK, something that is far more negative than it is positive.

Soldato
Best thing to do in this heat in bed at night is to be stark ******* naked with a damp towel over you with a fan on.

Actually woke up a bit cold the last few nights!

Back
Top Bottom