It's too hot :(

Permabanned
yep, sat here in a modern house sweatin my nads off. brain gave up about lunch time, no more work today for me. ice cream and sport on tv instead.

I lived in Scarborough for a few years and I keep looking at the weather forecast there, it's pretty much 20 the whole time when it's getting on for 30 elsewhere. I'd move back if there were any jobs.

Soldato
Just popped outside for the first time today, to feed the fish in the garage tank and give them a ~60 litre water change, thinking I should do that before heading out on a gentle paced bike ride...

The heat out there is insane, allegedly 30C in SO18 on Witts Hill (Wunderground station), but it feels so much worse as there's practically no breeze! :eek:

... Really not sure I want to be burnt alive on the bike, I doubt my three fridge-cold bottles totalling ~2.7 litres would last more than 2.5 hours tops.

Soldato
Was in for a bit of a surprise last night. Falling asleep with the window open and could hear crickets. Took me a moment to realise i was still in Manchester and not in Spain!

Soldato
Fractionally more breeze than yesterday in SO18, tiny bit cooler...

Trying to decide if I'm up for a sedate paced 3+ hour road bike ride, my first since Tuesday, despite the mid afternoon heat. Problem is, it's not expected to cool that much from ~27C until sunset and even tomorrow at 0600, it's expected to be ~17C!

Soldato
So where's all this hot weather they've been banging on about for the past week? Mild at best and cloudy here with a cool breeze. Feels like summer is circling the toilet. :(

Just shy of 30c here this afternoon and 23c at 11.30pm last night. Sitting here in front of the fan soaked I think my clothes are glued to me. Swap with you, deal?

Man of Honour
After today our lawn is practically black - few bits around the edge that still have a hint of yellow/green to them but big areas its just sparse dark brown to black and more mud than grass. We had some odd rain showers, etc. over the last few days which seemed to help it cling on but today seems to have been a bit too much for it heh.

Associate
Had a week of so got to enjoy the weather rather then moan about having to walk round it. Monday and Tuesday look hot but thankfully dropping to low 20’s here for the rest of the week.

Back
Top Bottom