Did you find the perfect case, or did you always have to compromise?

Associate
I want to move away from my Enthoo Evolv (mostly to change, not much wrong with it) but I cannot find anything that totally convinces me:

H500M Has too much plastic for a 200£ case.
Meshify C has that ugly line where the plastic meets the metal around the front panel.
Corsair 280X has a glass front panel instead of a mesh - or at least the option to use a mesh.
011 Dynamic AIR has plastic front panel instead of metal and the mesh obstructs airflow.
The upcoming Evolv doesn't have an option for a mesh front panel - maybe there will be another mod like the one we have on the store for the current Evolv.

"All" i want is a case with mostly metal construction, glass side panel and front mesh. Every case seems to mess up somewhere (according to my taste).

Is anyone completely happy with their case?

Soldato
I have a 750d airflow, mostly happy, but not perfect. I wanted a larger case with good airflow.

I didn't want a window, but apparently that's asking too much and massivly cuts your choice of case down. So I had to buy a second side panel and swap it out because selling a non-window version is too hard.
HDD bays are a joke. They rattle, buzz and are just awful. Corsair should be ashamed of the bays they are that bad. Given up with them now and will mount in my 5.25 bays instead.

So nearly perfect but not quite. Perfect for me would be a large case, good airflow, no window or rgb lights, space for 3 mech hdds, decent mounts for them that don't rattle, buzz or make dumb noises. Doesn't exist though, so make do with the 750d.

Soldato
Certainly would have trouble in finding current case without too much incorrectable flaws/deficiencies.
So I'll be stuck with my ten years old Lian Li PC-A71B for another decade.
Lian Li has basically done full 180 turn and went all for bling bling and fashion crap in their new cases.

HDD bays are a joke. They rattle, buzz and are just awful. Corsair should be ashamed of the bays they are that bad. Given up with them now and will mount in my 5.25 bays instead.

So nearly perfect but not quite. Perfect for me would be a large case, good airflow, no window or rgb lights, space for 3 mech hdds, decent mounts for them that don't rattle, buzz or make dumb noises.
Never been fan of those light weight plastic HDD trays, because of too high risk for those noises from slightest loose.
So of course because of god darn fashion nearly every case uses those.

Screws attached to HDD with rubber cushions mounting them to case is lot better.
In previous config had RAID10 of four WD Blacks and basically couldn't hear disc activity.
Of course in last successor variant of my case Lian Li changed HDD cage to more airflow slowing...

BeQuiet's use of silicone strips in place of plastic rails should be nice:
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/beQuiet/Silent_Base_800/5.html
But without E-ATX depth its rather cramped for long high end graphics card, unless removing upper HDD cage.

Associate
OP
I found the case I wanted!

section6-img-1.png

The front panel can be removed and there's a nice mesh behind, I've also bought 3 Corsair 140ll. Will post pictures tomorrow!

Plus that RGB panel grabbed my attention.

Soldato
The thermaltake x71is what i'm planning to get, huge space for watercooling and plenty of air flow. I always liked big cases ;3

Soldato
Waiting for the phanteks evolv X. Seems like the perfect case to me and have had an evolv ATX before and was very impressed build wise. Airflow was a bit naff but looks much better on the X. Lots of great features too.

Currently have a h500m but the X has more features and possibilities that i want so will likely be upgrading on release and sell this case.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ah you never said you wanted an ugly case ;)
Indeed, I had plans for it (don't need the front panel)!

oqXNQL3.jpg

RkJlnP1.jpg

56jUkWM.jpg

Building experience was horrendous coming from the Phanteks Evolv, but I'll keep it until Phanteks comes out with something focused on airflow.

Also because these Corsair 140ll cost almost as much as the case and I feel like that was the real purchase.

I'm happy with the way it looks, I've had the Evolv since it came out and I was bored (also buying the new Evolv wasn't an option because they look too similar - and once again, nowhere to show off the fans).

P.S. The P600s might be nice (yes I have a new job and money to waste).

Last edited:
Associate
Doesn't the evolv have a similar mesh behind the front panel? My ITX one does and I've removed indie the last few weeks.

I've been dreaming about getting a parvum r1 for the last year or 2 but it's quite pricey and requires me to do so much work on my pc. Currently have evolv ITX custom loop with 1 240mm rad, I broke the other 240mm rad.

The r1 grabbed me for its 2x 360mm radiator sort of out of view and being able to see the gpu in the top window. My problem with it is its orientation. I will have my pc on my right so want the window on the left side of case and im sure this means the gpu won't be seen through the top window.

Associate
OP
Doesn't the evolv have a similar mesh behind the front panel? My ITX one does and I've removed indie the last few weeks.

I've been dreaming about getting a parvum r1 for the last year or 2 but it's quite pricey and requires me to do so much work on my pc. Currently have evolv ITX custom loop with 1 240mm rad, I broke the other 240mm rad.

The r1 grabbed me for its 2x 360mm radiator sort of out of view and being able to see the gpu in the top window. My problem with it is its orientation. I will have my pc on my right so want the window on the left side of case and im sure this means the gpu won't be seen through the top window.
The Evolv has a filter which doesn't look presentable, while this Cooler Master looks like it was meant to be used in either way.

OcUK Staff
New Evolv X is pretty much perfect in my eyes. Not the supreme airflow that you will get with mesh, but significantly better than the Evolv Glass that I have never had any temperature issues with anyway.

Associate
Personally the evolv x is a dream case for me, it ticks more boxes than any other case with my next fave looking case probably ticking half as many boxes, they have thought of just about every scenario and covered a solution for noise, cleanliness with cables, luxurious materials, classy lighting, improved airflow, well thought out water cooling options and even the ability to mount a second machine in the same case! Not bad for a case that is supposed to be around the £200 mark.

If i really was to be picky, i wish they would do one in white one or one like the special edition pro m with a white interior...this illuminates your inner rig in a far superior fashion than any black coated interior can.

Back
Top Bottom