• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Soldato
Has anyone bought the 2080?

I'm deliberating sticking a pre-order in if it beats the 1080ti. I'm coming from a GTX 670 so I feel like the 2080 is basically my only option if I want 4k.

Soldato
Surely don't you mean Gigasales? :p

Now that's just silly. Everyone knows you need to compensate for Gigasales with the gravimetric charge imbalance generated by Prezellatrons, and you can only do that by re-routing power through the biaxial nitrogen infusers on the coaxial chip array of the 2080Ti!

Soldato
That is what I chose, but am skeptical of the value of it vs 2080ti in terms of performance per pound..
You need to consider it's future potential too, to be honest. There's not a big difference in price between the 1080 Ti and the 2080 and I'd be surprised if it's faster by much in current games.
Personally, Id rather get the 2080 anyway (new price vs new price). It'll probably even hold its value better.

Associate
Think that's called Gigabollocks mate:p

Plenty RTX including aib available for sale, first time that's happened that I can remember, historically new gen Nv high end usually sell out in about 30 mins.;)
Still showing for pre-order on some EU sites but showing as sold out on US site. And I did state specifically in the first post that it is the FE cards which have reportedly sold out (not AIB).

Man of Honour
I expect there is going to be some disappointed people who have to wait an extra 2-3 weeks for their cards despite pre-ordering fairly early on.

Soldato
On the UK site they were listed as shipping on the 20th Sept, then they sold out, then a few hours later as shipping on the 23rd, sold out, 25th, and so on. So they aren't actually "sold out" as such, they are just releasing them in batches until they work out what they want to say for the next shipment est.

I can't see anywhere where retailers are listing any shipment dates for AIB cards, unless I'm missing something, so guessing its going to be the usual bun fight over stock actually coming in.

Back
Top Bottom