• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RTX 2080 pre-order thread

Soldato
The value added by the extension, having an extra room etc which is not anywhere near 40% of the value the two are not proportional.

Anyway buy some GPUs.

So what is the £20k on top of £50k referring to then?

I probably will buy a new card when I know which one best suits my needs and is short enough for my case.

Associate
All good points. Particularly I only have a 1440p 165hz monitor, but might play some 4k HDR on my tv. Which I've read 1080ti is overkill for quad HD, so I would hope 2080 (non ti) is also.

Associate
Really? The 2080 is similar in price to the 1080ti which is why I am leaning towards it.

The 2080ti seems in a totally different universe price wise.

We will have to wait for benchmarks but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out a £1049 ti ends up with more performance per pound than a £750 2080

Soldato
Do I understand correctly that OcUK have increased the prices of these cards already..so some people on preorder have them cheaper than other people on the preorder list?

Associate
I thought they had algorithms to price stuff automagically? I.e. lots of orders or short supply price goes up, few orders and large supply price goes down?

Associate
Also if you are going to blow £750 at launch you may as well go the whole hog and do another £300 on a ti.

My thoughts exactly. Iv'e never been lucky enough to be an early adoptee of new series card, so i would get the best and be done with it. Getting one might be another matter though, Nvidia mind games and all. Saying all that, the new cards are an unknown quantity so it might be best to show some patience, and watch the show unfold.

Associate
Really? The 2080 is similar in price to the 1080ti which is why I am leaning towards it.

The 2080ti seems in a totally different universe price wise.

I didn't even consider the 2080 - two reasons 1. yes I want the best thing possible right now 2. the 2080 wasn't a big enough jump up from where I am now. Given that I'll probably keep a card for two years or so (based on past experience) that's where I'm at. I would have bought two 1080tis instead of two 1080s last time round had they been available.

Associate
Do I understand correctly that OcUK have increased the prices of these cards already..so some people on preorder have them cheaper than other people on the preorder list?
Yes, but this generally happens around launch anyway when stock is very limited

Soldato
My thoughts exactly. Iv'e never been lucky enough to be an early adoptee of new series card, so i would get the best and be done with it. Getting one might be another matter though, Nvidia mind games and all. Saying all that, the new cards are an unknown quantity so it might be best to show some patience, and watch the show unfold.

Well you don't really want to become a graphics card do you? ;)

Soldato
This is where we start seeing people selling the FE pre-orders on Ti's for £1200+
Pricing is high enough without individuals profiteering. Hopefully means will hold value well with the lack of supply. Must admit with all the initial negativety I did wonder on day 1 if it was worth the risk of buying two and selling one :), predicting the negativety would turn positive later.
I decided to pre-order yesterday afternoon, looks like I timed that fairly well.
Hopefully most are buying to enjoy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom