New White Hart Lane - Delayed

Caporegime
Harsh on the fans. For a lot of them, it was a mission to get to Wembley, particularly the Essex based ones.

I’d be expecting partial refunds in season tickets too. New stadium more expensive than Wembley.

Don
OP
Spurs will be really crossing their fingers that it's just the Liverpool and Cardiff games that they're not ready for. Their next home game is vs City on the same day that Wembley is being used for a NFL game. Spurs might have to go cap in hand asking Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham to borrow their ground for the day.

Caporegime
Spurs will be really crossing their fingers that it's just the Liverpool and Cardiff games that they're not ready for. Their next home game is vs City on the same day that Wembley is being used for a NFL game. Spurs might have to go cap in hand asking Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham to borrow their ground for the day.
Likelihood is it would be postponed. If they did have to groundshare for the day, London stadium would be favourite. Wouldn’t be Arsenal. Couldn’t trust them in it. That’s not an overreaction either. There’s a monitory who would see it as an ideal opportunity to rip out some seats and kick some toilet doors in. They’ve done it before and would do it again, especially if they’ve got access to the whole stadium!

Don
OP
Yea, my comment was tongue in cheek. I'm certain postponing the game won't be an option either. I'd guess they'll switch the City game to Manchester and play at home when they were meant to play City away.

Man of Honour
I was truly gutted when I got my email last night.

I've been watching the pictures and videos nearly daily for years and things have been progressing well. I wondered why there was no news as to the ticket arrangement for their 4th test scheduled for a few weeks time.. makes sense now.

As far as I Know, Levy had an extension and contingency arrangements with the FA. but as you say Baz, as far UEFA are concerned, my guess is now that all out games will have to be played at Wembley.

It's annoying but needs and must.. I'd rather have a safe stadium that's 100% ready.

Don
OP
Yes, I've read that City aren't willing to agree to a switch because it will mean 3 away games on the bounce at the business end of the season. Who knows what will happen.

I do wonder how economical with the truth Spurs have been about all this. A couple of years ago the PL were saying that it wasn't possible for a team to play at 2 different stadiums during the season. You have to wonder whether the PL would have agreed to more than the initial 1 game being played at Wembley had Spurs proposed that to begin with.

Associate
Harsh on the fans. For a lot of them, it was a mission to get to Wembley, particularly the Essex based ones.

I live in Chelmsford and find it quite easy to get to Wembley. Unless there is the ****** engineering works on the trains all I need to do is take the train to Liverpool Street, and from there I take the Metropolitan line straight to Wembley.

Don
OP
Another update on Spurs new stadium:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...champions-league-group-stage-fixtures-update/

They still aren't in a position to provide a new opening date and as such have now moved the City game to Wembley (which has been moved to a Monday due to NFL being held at Wembley on the original date), as well as all 3 CL group games.

It's already been announced that Spurs are trying to move their League Cup tie to Milton Keynes, which Watford aren't too happy about. It's interesting to see whether Spurs are allowed to do this - I remember when we had to play our first few games away from home due to work on our new main stand, we agreed prior to the draw that we would play our League Cup game away from home.

Man of Honour
It's been quite painful to be honest. Venue, date and time switches leaving me not sure were I am with all this. It's bad enough the likes of Sky and BT changing the fixtures..

I spent a whole ****** day last week on holiday trying to claim last years seat for the Liverpool game at Wembley which I eventually got it at 10pm.. I learnt later their servers were down so they can't even get that right. As a season ticket holder, I shouldn't have had to go though all that. Fortunately, they didn't charge any admin or booking fees as that would have been a real kick in the teeth.
I'm happy to wait for the new stadium as and when it comes. Safety has to come first but I don't understand why the Watford game can't be held at the Olympic Stadium as a one off.

Don
OP
It's been quite painful to be honest. Venue, date and time switches leaving me not sure were I am with all this. It's bad enough the likes of Sky and BT changing the fixtures..

I spent a whole ****** day last week on holiday trying to claim last years seat for the Liverpool game at Wembley which I eventually got it at 10pm.. I learnt later their servers were down so they can't even get that right. As a season ticket holder, I shouldn't have had to go though all that. Fortunately, they didn't charge any admin or booking fees as that would have been a real kick in the teeth.
I'm happy to wait for the new stadium as and when it comes. Safety has to come first but I don't understand why the Watford game can't be held at the Olympic Stadium as a one off.

Being the cynic that I am, I don't believe this "critical safety systems" line from the club. The stadium was due to host the Liverpool game in 12 days time and before it could it needed to hold multiple test events first - you only have to look at the latest pics (you can see regular updates on skyscrapercity) to see that there wasn't a chance in hell that the stadium would be complete in 12 days time, let alone before that to hold these test events, regardless of any safety systems that need fixing.

I don't know a thing about construction, let alone construction on this scale but if you look back at comments within the thread on skyscrapercity from those with some understanding, for the past 6+ months there's been regular posts stating that there's no chance the stadium will open on time. I really struggle to believe that Spurs didn't know, when the fixtures were announced less than 3 months ago, that the Liverpool game was never possible.

It really does look like Spurs have drip fed news of the delay to protect season & corporate ticket sales for the new stadium and or because they were concerned that the PL wouldn't allow them to move into the stadium in November had that been the initial proposal.

Soldato
This has now affected the man united Everton fixture as sky has moved it to Sunday instead of Saturday as spurs are now playing man city on the Monday instead of Sunday what a **** up if spurs can't fullfill there fixtures the game should be cancelled and the points awarded to the away team simples

Caporegime
This has now affected the man united Everton fixture as sky has moved it to Sunday instead of Saturday as spurs are now playing man city on the Monday instead of Sunday what a **** up if spurs can't fullfill there fixtures the game should be cancelled and the points awarded to the away team simples

Agreed. Some people plan these things months in advance and have been totally shafted. A long time ago but Middlesbrough squad came down with a virus and couldn't play against Blackburn iirc. They were fined and docked points which ended up causing them to get relegated.

Back
Top Bottom